Where I go, will you still follow? (Will you leave your shaded hollow?)

Techno stands in a field in the rain, watching as the game is canceled at the sound of a sad whistle.

(There's no damp blonde curls running up to Techno in the rain.)

He scans the crowd of rowdy boys, again and again. And is left with nothing.

The coach earlier that day circled the games Tommy is supposed to play on on the schedule Techno printed. Today is one of Tommy's game days.

He isn't here.

He probably blew it off. That's fine. He'd come to the next one.

Techno is determined to be better. He'll put everything into this.

He feels his phone buzz and his head silently prays it's Tommy telling him he's in the locker room waiting to be picked up. And Techno will tell him he's already here. And he'll be able to hear the smile in his brother's voice. And then see it on his face.

And hear his laugh again.

But it's Wilbur.

And Wilbur tells Techno the words that will plague his mind forever.

"I need you to hurry home. Tommy he's- he's Theseus- he's hurt, Techno i don't know if he'll be ok."

Techno drops his phone.

Tommy doesn't exactly register when Wilbur runs to the door of their house. Their home. Holding him. Wilbur, his big brother, his Wilby- such a stupid nickname -holding him close and running a hand through his hair just like before.

(And the universe said I love you...)

He thinks- knows -that he's singing too. Like how he used to when Tommy got a scraped knee or got hurt. Or a nightmare when Techno was in a sleepaway camp, when Wilbur ran his hands through Tommy's hair and told him Techno was okay, he'd come home, he promised.

("Life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans..." A sob. "Just stay with me Tommy. Please Toms. Please, sunshine.")

(And the universe said you have played the game well...)

He decides to focus on the rain rather than the pain in his chest. Or the blood apparent on both boys' attire.

(He got blood all over the costume Ranboo worked so hard to make. What an asshole thing to do.)

And when the sky wept its tears on Tommy's face, the sky told him that it loved him. Because Tommy himself is love to the sky.

The pittering on their roof, their windows, the pathway outside the home. His hair damp with the water, clinging to his face.

(And the universe said I love you because you are love...)

Tommy feels himself being laid on their couch.

The oh so familiar couch.

The couch Techno and him would sit on and argue over what to watch for movie night, the couch Wilbur has lost countless guitar picks in, the couch that has pieces of gum stuck to the side from when that was all Techno would chew on when he studied.

And he faintly continues to listen to the rain as Wilbur takes off Tommy's shirt. He pauses and stumbles, his hands stilling in shock at the countless bruises and scars Tommy had collected- and oh god how had Wilbur not noticed he must be a horrible brother- but keeps working, even through Tommy's pained sobs and whimpers of protest.

It hurt. Fuck it hurt.

(and the universe said you are not alone)

But oh, how the sky weeps for the young boy. The boy of lightning and skies and the winds blowing through the trees. All for the golden boy of the sun.