zyaire was seeing red at this point. the teacher had managed to bust his lip and he didn't like that. hearing all of the commotion, kayden walked out of the bathroom and looked down the hall to see his brother getting put in cuffs.

"kai!" kayden yelled, running down the hall towards his brother.

"step back son." one of the officers spoke as kaizen turned around to see his little brother with a face full of worry.

"dooda, whatchu' doin' outta class?" kaizen asked his brother, his voice now calm and raspy. zyaire noticing how fast kaizen's mood changed once he seen the boy.

"i heard yellin' and i knew it was you. what happened?" kayden asked, peaking inside of the classroom to see mr jones getting help from an officer.

"don't worry bout it, go back to class. ion wantchu' getting in trouble." kaizen sighed as he shook his head. he didn't want his brother seeings him like this. it brought back too many horrible memories from his childhood.

"you not gon leave me again, right?" kayden asked his brother, genuinely worried about him. kaizen had been arrested and thrown into juvenile a few times before. whenever kaizen was gone, kayden became a target for his mom, taking beatings from her and whatnot.

the last time kaizen got arrested, he promised kayden that it wouldn't happen again. he promised that he wouldn't leave him alone ever again.

"nah.. ian gon leave you, mane. i promised you that I wouldn't, remember?" kaizen spoke softly as he looked down at his brother.

"yea, i just wanted to make sure.." kayden mumbled, walking along side kaizen as the officer led them to the office.

"what them grades lookin' like, dude?" kaizen looked down at kayden.

"uhh.. i got mostly A's. I got a D in my science class." kayden shrugged. kayden is a smart boy but his science teacher simply found a way to piss him off everyday so he occasionally skipped the class.

"come on, dooda. you gotta get that shit up." kaizen mugged, tripping his sibling a bit.

"i know, dang. what yo grades lookin like?" kayden bucked at him, kaizen not flinching at all.

"aye, i'm da big brudda. don't question me." kaizen mumbled as they walked down the stairs.

"whatever, mane." kayden rolled his eyes at what kaizen said.

"when y'all first game?" kaizen glanced over at kayden. kayden was a freshman standing at 5'9 and he was on the varsity's basketball team. he was a beast at basketball and his brother supported him every step of the way. always buying the boy new shoes to hoop in and sessions with trainers so he could get better.

"it's this friday, you comin' right?" kayden asked as they stopped in front of the offices.

"hell yea, dooda. i wouldn't miss it for the world." kaizen chuckled lightly.

"oh okay, you betta' come to my game. lame ass nigga." kayden mumbled, the cop glaring at him.

"watch your mouth." one of the officers told kayden. before he could respond kaizen had already said something.

"say, my li' brudda' ain't gotta watch shit. you betta' come correct when you speakin' ta' him." kaizen mugged the officer as he scoffed and stepped back.

"you so mean, mane." kayden said, shaking his head at his older brother.

"ion give a fuck and watch yo' mouth sometimes." kaizen turned his attention back onto kayden. "you coming wimme to ben house or you goin' to yo friends?" kaizen asked him.