Chapter 5, Silence

We walked for hours until we got to Chris's house.

"One seconded. I need to see if my moms here still"  he went around to the front and looked into the window. Then he motioned me to come.

"She's not here. She went to work earlier." He found the house key in a 'real' looking rock.

We went in. He flopped on a couch, I kept standing.I looked around. Chris's house was nice.Small, couch on one  side the kitchen in the next room. Down the hall, there was two bed rooms. 

"You can sit down. You know that right?"  I nodded.

"You okay? You haven't talked since we left the woods." He said concern. I shrugged.

He flipped on the TV, still giving me a look.

"I'm fine."  I muttered. And watched what was on. Chris kept flipping them until i saw a women in red, on the news.

"STOP!" I said when I saw her. She was on one of those talk show,shows. Like Oprah.

"I looking for a my daughter," She said in an accent "She is mid-sized and with blond hair."  That was a description of me! "Oh my God." I muttered. I looked at Chris, who looked as surprised as me.

"She also has light bluish green eyes."  she sniffed, someone gave her a pink hankie.  She blew her nose in it. "I miss her so so much, she was just a baby when  we left California. Then, someone took he...I'm sorry... just so hard."  she had red, puffy eyes.

"Do you really think she's actually crying or just faking?" I asked looking at Chris.

 "I don't know." he said truthful. "Maybe we should look in to it. Just saying." Then it switched back to the regular news.

"Yeah, maybe we should...." I thought of what the guy said 'you know what to do...'  is this what he meant? 

I shook my head, trying to clear all the thoughts. I needed to think. Why did she wan't me? She is definitely NOT my mom. First of all she had brown hair and brown eye. And plus i don't have a mom. She left.

" I think we should go, cheak it out. See whats up." I grinned "Knocked some sence into them."

He returned the grin and got up. "One sec." He ran into a room. I waited, he cam back with a wallet, and a duffel bag.

 "What's in the duffel bag?" I asked as I raised my eye brows.

 He smiled, "All the stuff that we need. Food, clothes, water, everything." I nodded.

I gave a big sigh. "Lets get it started." And we stepped out of the room.

I hope you like it! Thanks. Oh and please comment!!!

-Livi