"Mmhm...Carlos, give her Gabriella and Kelsi sides why don't you." She said as Carlos handed her the packets and this mad Abbie happy. Ms. Jenn then moves onto the next person.

...

"Okay, our last Troy." Miss Jenn called as EJ stands center stage.

"And he comes with props! Love it. Whenever you're ready." Everyone was gathered on the ground of the stage as they watched EJ perform and then the girls who were trying out for Gabriella. Finally it was now time for Nini's turn but before she even had a chance to start the sound of the auditorium doors swung up as the one and only Ricky Bowen comes running in very late, causing everyone to turn and look at the door.

"Am I too late?" Ricky questioned, rushing down the aisle of the auditorium seats.

"We're all set on Troys. We're low on Chads." Miss Jenn said as Ricky made his way up the stairs leading to the stage.

"You can read after the Gabriellas."

"I only studied the Troy scenes in the movie." Ricky explained to Ms. Jenn

"Troy would have arrived on time." Ms. Jen told him.

"Okay, Nini, l let's try this again." Miss Jenn said, taking her eyes off back to the brunette that stood center stage.

"You got this, babe! Who!" EJ cheered loudly. The sound of crackling was heard before the lights in the auditorium went off.

"Nobody panic!" Miss Jenn quickly said. "Nini, let's wait for the lights to come back on. I don't want this to throw you."

"I'm not thrown." Nini stated as she started singing Start of something new. Ricky rushed up to the girl as turned on his camera flashlight, pointing it at her before EJ quickly stood up from him spot on the stage, copying Ricky's action. As she finished the sound of crackling was once again heard before the lights came back on.

"Okay. Well, thank you, Nini. I only needed 32 bars, but I appreciate your commitment." Miss Jenn said, turning to look at Ricky. He then went and sang the song that Nini wrote for him when they were dating.

"Okay! We have one more Gabriella that would be Abbie." Miss Jenn called, causing the girl to glance at Gina as she stood from her seat and made her way towards center stage, avoiding eye contact with Ricky as he watched her walk by.

"What should I know?" Miss Jenn said quietly to Carlos, looking over at the boy.

"Abbie Howard. Has been dancing since she was 3 and has been singing since she was 5. She also writes her own music. She is probably one of the nicest people you will ever meet. "Carlos said, quickly listing simple facts about one of his close friends.

"I was actually planning on singing an original if that's okay." Abbie explained, causing Miss Jenn to nod.

"Of course, whenever you're ready!" Miss Jenn said, causing the girl to nod, the young girl sits at the piano.

Wanna hear a part to my story? I tried to hide in the glory
And sweep it under the table, so you would never know
Sometimes I feel like an accident, people look when they're passin' it
Never check on the passenger, they just want the free show
Yeah, I'm constantly tryna fight somethin' that my eyes can't see
My mind and me, we don't get along sometimes
And it gets hard to breathe, but I wouldn't change my life
And all of the crashin' and burnin' and breakin', I know now
If somebody sees me like this, then they won't feel alone now
My mind and me

Once she stopped playing she felt a tear fall down her face as she looked up at everyone as they stared at her in shock but all of a sudden Ricky stands up and starts clapping as everyone follows after clapping and cheering for her.

"Go Abbie!" Ricky and Gina both yelled out as they cheered for her.

"Just amazing Abbie, so talented." Ms. Jenn said, "Okay everyone lets take a quick break."

...

Abbie and Gina stood outside the hallway talking as they waited for the cast list.

"Abbie!" Ricky yelled as ran up to the two girls.

"You did amazing Abbie!" He said as he hugged her.

"Oh, thank you. It was nothing." She said as she smiled at her two friends.

"Abbie that song wasn't nothing! It was amazing." Gina told the girl.

"Cast list is up!!!" They heard someone yell as they all ran up to it too see.

Cast List
Troy Bolton...Ricky Bowen
Troy's Understudy...EJ Caswell
Gabriella Montez...Nini Salazar-Roberts
Gabriella Understudy...Gina Porter
Chad Danforth...E.J. Caswell
Sharpay Evans...Seb Matthew-Smith
Taylor McKessie...Gina Porter
Ms. Darbus...Ashlyn Caswell
Ryan Evans...Blaire Miller
Kelsi Nielsen...Abbie Howard
Coach Bolton...Andy Boniferro
Zeke Baylor...Benji Muto
Martha Cox...Emi Alex Tsas

"Chad? She thinks I'm a Chad?" EJ said as he read the cast list. Abbie looked at the cast list before her and Ricky made eye contact. Abbie was hoping for Gabriella but she could settle for Kelsi as well.