4- Toge Inumaki

Toge, Yuta and their driver Ijichi make it to the location of the mission as they all get out of the car and Toge heads for the nearby shop, a few feet from the entrance to the crime scene.

"This is the location, Hapina Shopping District" Ijichi says as he turns to face Yuta who looks at him, "at this time, most of the shutters here are closed. 'There's a project to demolish the entire area and attract a shopping mall. During an inspection of the area, we confirmed a pack of low level curses. We'd like to request that the grade two Toge Inumaki, exorcise them'" Ijichi reads from his handover as he looks up, only to see that Toge isn't there, "wait, where's Inumaki-kun?".

"Not here?" Yuta replies as he looks around before he spots Toge coming out of a store with a bag, "oh, there he is. What did you buy?".

Toge roots in his bag and pulls out a bottle of something, "throat medicine?" Yuta asks as in confusion.

"In short, it would cause all kinds of issues down the road if the building they were spending so much money on got a bad reputation" Ijichi continues as Toge puts the medicine in his pocket.

"Salmon" Toge says with a nod.

"Now, I'll draw the veil" Ijichi says as he pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose before he holds two fingers in front of his face.

Ijichi draws the veil as Toge and Yuta start to walk around.

"He said it was a pack of low level curses" Yuta says as he looks straight ahead.

"Pollack roe" Toge says as he walks slightly ahead of Yuta.

Something bubbles from next to them as Toge looks over.

"That's not fair, Mama" a small young distorted female voice says from next to Yuta as he looks down and sees a small fish shaped curse swimming next to him through the air, "oni-chan got more".

"So what? Let's trade doubles!" another one says from next to Toge as a bunch of them swarm together in a large ball.

"There's so many of them" Yuta says in awe.

Toge brings down his collar as he sticks his tongue out, walking towards the ball of curses.

"Inumaki-kun!" Yuta says worriedly, "it's dangerous if you get that clo-".

"Explode!" Toge says as the curses explode, just as he tells them to as he walks off.

"Huh? Oh, it's over already?" Yuta asks confused as he watches Toge.

"Tuna mayo" Toge says as he looks at Yuta, his voice really rough and hoarse.

"Oh, the throat medicine is for your throat because it wears it out in order to use powerful words" Yuta says as Toge nods.

"Bonito flakes" Toge says as the two of them reach the veil and realise that it's not coming down.

"What's wrong?" Yuta asks in confusion as he realises what's going on, "huh? You're right, the veil isn't lifting. Huh? We won't be able to get out".

All of a sudden, a more powerful curse appears behind them as they both turn around.

"Zomba" the curse says as it holds up two fingers.

A light appears between Toge and Yuta as Yuta is pushed slightly by the force. Toge forces his arm through and pushes Yuta out of the way.

"Inumaki-kun!" Yuta shouts as the ground breaks underneath the light.

Toge pulls down his collar as he shouts, "twist", his voice becoming even worse.

The curse's arm twists as Toge falls to the ground, blood coming from his mouth. Another light appears behind Toge as Yuta runs and grabs Toge, pulling him out of the way.

"What, what, what?" Yuta asks as the medicine drops from Toge's pocket, "what was that?".

The two make it to a hiding place as they both watch the curse from a higher ground.

"That curse, he said they'd be low level" Yuta says as they both duck down, "this isn't what we were told. There's that thing's size too. It's way scarier than the big guys from the elementary school. That's right, Inumaki-kun, you're hurt. Is your finger alright?" Yuta asks as Toge lifts his hand up and shows Yuta his broken finger, "wow, that looks painful".

"Salmon" Toge says as he pops it back into place.

"You shouldn't mess with it" Yuta says worriedly, "sorry. It's my fault" Yuta says as he peers back over at the curse, "it doesn't seem to be searching for us or pursuing us" Yuta says as he ducks back down, "I'll contact Ijichi-san".

Yuta pulls out his phone only to see that he has no service.

"Bonito flakes" Toge says as he points to the veil.

"Because of the veil?" Yuta asks as he follows the direction of Toge's finger, "if the veil won't lift, then we have to exorcise it, right?".

Toge stands up as he starts to walk off, Yuta going after him.

"Inumaki-kun?" Yuta asks confused, "should you be moving around already?".

"Kelp" Toge says as he puts out a hand to stop Yuta and he shakes his head.

"You're going to go all alone?" Yuta asks worriedly.

Toge starts to walk off as Yuta watches him, gripping the strap of his sword bag.

"Thank you, Inumaki-kun" Yuta says as Toge stops and turns around, "but I'm alright. Let's both do our bests, together!".

Yuta runs ahead as Toge watches him. He runs out behind the curse as the curse looks at him. Yuta unzips his bag and drops it, preparing his stance with his sword. Yuta imbues his energy into the sword as the curse yells at him. The spurs of light come from the sky as Yuta dodges them. Yuta runs alongside the wall and runs at the curse and cuts it shallowly. Yuta prepares his stance but is hit with some energy as it busts his shoulder. Yuta runs at the curse and then slides underneath it as he grabs the medicine.

"Inumaki-kun!" Yuta yells as he throws the medicine into the air.

Toge jumps off of the railings as he grabs it, snapping the spray lid off as he drinks the entire thing. Toge lands right where a ray of light shines as he backflips out of the way of every single ray.

"Get crushed!" Toge yells as the light stops, the curse crushing in on itself.

"Wow!" Yuta says as blood falls over his eye.

"Mustard leaf" Toge says worriedly as he runs over to Yuta.

"Oh, I'm fine" Yuta says as he tries not to worry his classmate, "it's only a scratch".

"Salmon" Toge says with a smile as he puts his hand up.

"Yeah, good work!" Yuta says as he gives Toge a high five.

"What a shame!" Geto says quietly from above them as the veil lifts to reveal a very worried Ijichi stood there with Kuina there as well, on standby, "I came here to see this rumoured Rika-chan" Geto says as he spots Kuina, "but I guess I've seen something more interesting".