I never thought I would get so choked up upon hearing my son's first words, I had thought it would make me happy, make my heart flutter upon hearing his voice for the first time but this was not at all what I was expecting.

My little Sunshine was growing up and I just wasn't sure how to cope with that thought.

Jordan broke me out of my thoughts, by reaching forward and stroking his wet curls away from his face, our son splashing his hands about in the water and creating a little ruckus. "What did you say, prince?"

Sonny looked up at his mother, before casting his forest green orbs onto the matching ones of my own, offering me a gapped toothed smile. "-- Da!"

For some reason, I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my little boy had spoken his first words, dreading the day that he would slowly grow up into his own person and now that day was finally here, I couldn't help but want time to slow down.

"H,"Jordan called out my name, causing me to quickly turn my head to look in her direction. That was when I noticed the moisture littering my cheeks as I caught my reflection in the marble tiles around the perimeter of the bathtub. "Ley just said his first word, he's growing up and his first word was 'da'."

Upon hearing her finally mutter the words, they clarified my thoughts and that was when I turned to focus my attention back onto our son who was still splashing about his chubby arms in the lukewarm water. Without a care in the world, not giving two shits that he was soaking wet and naked, I hoisted him out of his seat that was steadying him in the slippery surfaces and brought his petite body to sit on my jogging bottom clad lap, turning his body to face me as I peppered kissed all over his face, "-- I love you, I love you, I love you!"

Another milestone I was there for was his first steps, but at the same time I wasn't there. Jordan and Sonny had come with me to the studio that day and whilst I was in the booth rehearsing and recording my second solo album, he had taken his first steps.

It was a good job that my best friend had recorded it for me.

""𝘚𝘶𝘯𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳
𝘚𝘶𝘯𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳
𝘔𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴
𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘥𝘺
𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦
𝘞𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶"

Jordan and Sonny were sitting near the computers and sound visuals whilst I stood in the booth, earphones over my ears and my mouth centimetres away from the microphone located in front of me. My little ten month old singing and dancing as he listened to my voice flow through the speakers.

""𝘚𝘶𝘯𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴
𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘺
𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘶𝘦-𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘥"

I could definitely tell that this song was going to be a favourite of mine, the reason why I had no idea but it had something to do with the beat of the song and was a good one for me to move my hips to, my mind thinking about the time that I brought my best friend sunflowers when I found out we were having a little boy together.

Perhaps that had something to do with the name of the song and why it was a personal favourite of mine.

I guess we'll never know.