Baby Brother

It was one morning from the Marcos - Araneta household, where happiness can be seen and felt.

"George, ate's waiting halika na! Alliyah, Irene's eldest child shouted.

"Wait, fow me ate!" George, the youngest shouted back. Alliyah was just scrolling through her phone when she heard little footsteps.

"Ang cute naman ng baby ni Ate!" she squealed. She saw her brother in a blue polo shirt and white shorts with a backpack in his back.

"Ateeee!" George ran to her ate and hugged her. She welcomed and carried him.

"I wuvvvvvv youuuuu ate!" George said and kissed her cheeks.

"Ate lovesssss youuuuuu tooooo!" she hugged him.

"How about me?" Irene said. 

George went down to her ate and went to their Mama.

"I wuvvvvvvvvvvvv youuuuuu Mama!" 

"I loveeeee you tooooo, baby!" Irene said as she kissed his cheeks. She glanced at Alliyah and motioned her to hug her, too.

"Mama loveeeees you tooooo Liyahtot!" Alliyah frowned and kissed her Mama's cheek.

"Mama loves the both of you too! Mama loves George and Ate Alliyah!" she stated as she kissed them both. George giggled.

Ever since Irene and Greggy separated, she promised that she'll have more time with her kids, especially with Alliyah, who was a Daddy's girl.

But that changed. Because of an incident 8 years ago. A change that've hurt someone. Change that broke someone.

..........

"George! George, Mama's here! Anak gising na please. Baby!" Irene cried.

"Mama." The ten year old Alliyah caressed her. Irene looked at her and pushed her away.

"Kasalanan mo! Kung hindi mo pinabayaan ang anak ko, edi sana nandito pa siya! Kung hindi ka lang pabaya!" Irene said. She was already hurting her.

"M-mama hindi po. H-hindi ko po siya pinabayaan."

"Liar! Sinungaling ka! Umalis ka dito! Wala akong anak na pabaya!" Irene cried. Alliyah sobbed. She’s not in fault here.

George's wake and burial was the death of Alliyah. She cannot see her brother, unless her tita Dawn will fetch her and make her see George.

"Wala kang karapatang makita ang anak ko!" Irene said as she dragged her daughter out.

"Irene tama na!"

"Irene!"

"Mama gusto ko lang po makita si George. Please, Mama!" She cried.

"Hindi! Tandaan mo to, simula ngayon handing hindi mo na ako mararamdaman bilang nanay mo! You are the reason why my son died! Sana ikaw nalang namatay! Sana ikaw nalang ang na aksidente!" She shouted.

"Mama, wag naman pong ganito."

"Bakit pa kita inanak? Bakit hindi ikaw ang nawala? Parehas lang kayo ng tatay mo! Mga pabaya!" Irene shouted as she left her daughter outside.

Alliyah cannot do anything. Dawn helped her and took her home.

Until George's wake, Alliyah needed to hide from a distance just to make sure Irene won't see her. Ni hindi man lang nakit ni Alliyah ang kapatid niya sa huling pagkakataon.

And that's the start of her suffering. That was the start of her hell like of a life.

..........