"Ao'nung. He is mean with his words, makes fun of my looks, and tries to demean me.. I say worse things back to make him back off but he has friends who help him he crueler.. I spoke with him today and he was nice sometimes but then just.. ruins it." You huff, dropping your hand against your lap. She was quiet to this, looking towards the water now.

"Some people's exterior don't stand for their interior, my love. Those moments of kindness may be who he is, and for now he is setting up a shield because he is just as mad as you are.. But if this continues, tell your father." She ended, nudging you gently.

You smiled at her words and nodded, the woman eventually standing from the bridge with her hand down to you. You gently took her hand in your own, your mother leading you to bed. Maybe you would have to take consideration of what she said. That Ao'nung may be putting up a front. You hoped that was the truth.

You slowly peaked open your eyes to the darkness of your new home, your fist reaching up to your eyes to wipe away the sleep. You stretched out your limbs, letting out a huff as you sat up. You turned your head towards your sleeping family, your lips thinning out as you noticed how tight your siblings slept together while you were on the opposite side next to your mother. You shook your head and slowly stood up, popping your fingers before exiting the home. You couldn't stomach breakfast for right now.

You walked down the roped bridge with your head down, locks of hair swinging in front of your sight ever so often. You wouldn't think anyone would be up this early except for the fishers, those people throwing out nets as you passed by. You didn't talk to other Metkayinan people if you didn't have to.

Your ears peaked up to the sound of teen boy laughs, your eye's attention being stolen by Ao'nung and his group of friends. The sun slowly started to appear after you noticed this, light now reflecting over all the waters. They let out a few excited yells before they dove in, your sight following the tallest boy in the group. You wondered if he would grow as tall as his father.

You suddenly made eye contact with Ao'nung, a laugh escaping his lips as he nodded his head towards your way to his friends. They talked amongst themselves, a groan escaping your mouth as you turned your attention back to the bridge to walk. Of course the first thing he would want to do is bother you in the morning.

"Forest girl, hold on!" You kept walking as you heard the boy's voice, eyes squeezing close for a moment out of annoyance. Your lips were tightened and your arms were crossed, even your tail was whipping because you were annoyed. You heard a few splashed behind you then some bounciness, this telling you he had jumped onto the bridge. You ignored this, quickening your pace to avoid him.

"Leave me alone, I have to spend all afternoon and training with you now anyways, why would I want to see you in the only time I can be alone?" You yelled, Ao'nung reaching forward towards your right wrist and gripping it in his own. You struggled to pull back your hand, the boy laughing at this as his friends jumped onto the bridge behind him.

"Look, her wrist are like a baby's." He laughed, his friend's laughing with him. You grunted before pulling your hand away from the sea boy, holding it back against you.

"What is your problem with me?"

"What problem could I not have with you? I'm sorry that I'm not attracted to mite eating monkey people who don't even know how to ride ilu the right way." He laughed once more, his posey chuckling to themselves.

"The little forest girl with a weak wrist!" Rotxo laughed, your eyebrows furrowing at the boy as he prompted the others to cackle louder. Ao'nung didn't laugh though, surprisingly.