[DxE] Fake it till you make it

"It's never gonna happen." I said to my blue haired friend. Ronald is from Russia, it's been a while since he has shifted here. We call him Ron.

"Exer's never going to return my feelings. It's so useless. I don't understand why do I still feel this way towards him." I said.

"Your feeling valid, David." He replied.

"It hurts, man. It hurts to have feelings towards your best friends of what, eight or nine years? The thing that makes it worse is that he is my sister's ex."

"I understand." He affirmed.

"What are you understanding, Ron?" A questioning and confused voice replied.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about? Is everything okay?"

It was Exer. The same person we were just talking about. The same person I had unrequited feelings towards.

"Y-yeah! Everything's fine! We were just talking about the chemistry assignment that's due next week." I stuttered. I could never tell him what we really were talking about. I couldn't tell him I was discussing about my feelings for him to Ron. I could never.

"Oh, is that so? Okay. By the way, do you guys have anything to do this weekend?" He asked.

"No, not really. Apart from the chemistry assignment. It wouldn't take much time." I said as Ron nodded as a gesture that he was agreeing with me.

"Then would you guys like to hang out? We haven't done that for a while." Exer said.

"Yes yes." Ron said for both of us.

"That's great. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! Bye!" He exclaimed as he left while waving his hand. We waved back.

"Soooo." Ron looked at me very suspiciously. I think he had noticed my endearing way of looking towards Exer.

"You are never going to be over him, are you?" He asked.

I was left speechless for a moment.
"You are supposed to be encouraging me!" I shouted.

"Hehe." Ron grinned.

"But seriously though, you know about the saying, "fake it till you make it". I'm gonno do just that and watch me get over him in a wink."

"I'd like to see that. " Ron replied with the tone that seemed like he was challenging me.

That's true. I'm also challenging myself. I've liked Exer from so long. I really don't know how am I gonna hide my fondness for him, especially when it's romantic?