"Oh, please, brother." Rabastan scoffs, grinning. "Everyone's a killer. . .you just have to push them far enough. And from what I've seen. . .young Maria has been pushed quite far."

Maria glanced between the two men. She can't help it, the feeling of anger flowing through her body makes her feel so impulsive. She steps forwards and grabs Rabastan by the collar, shoving him to the ground and pointing her wand down on him as he lies on the ground in shock.

"Fucking tell me!"

Rabastan looks scared. Just for a moment. Until a grin settles on his face and Maria feels harsh contact with her cheekbone before a boot in her head.

The Potter woman groans slightly as she wakes up, feeling the forest floor beneath her yet Rabastan and Rodolphus are both gone and she's alone again. She can feel the blood oozing from the cut on her lip and her cheekbone is tender and burning. She sits up, grabbing her wand from the leaves on the ground and stands up, feeling slightly light headed.

"Fuck." She whispers, stumbling slightly before continuing down the forest. Maria glanced around when she hears a snapping sound and when she whips her head around she sees the familiar face of Bellatrix LeStrange. "Jesus, Bellatrix. Sorry but I'm not in the mood."

"Pettigrew." The LeStrange woman says and Maria freezes in her tracks as she went to walk away, slowly turning towards Bellatrix with a grave expression on her injured face. "He's your spy."

"Don't fucking lie to me." Maria whispers, pointing an accusing finger at Bellatrix who softly shakes her head and Maria searches her grey eyes for a lie yet there's nothing but honesty in the clouds of her irises.

Maria's face contorts, her eyebrows pulling together as tears well in her puffy, red-ringed eyes. Peter? No, he can't be. . .can he? Sweet Peter Pettigrew. Always so eager to participate in the boys stupidity and always so willing to help Maria with anything. She brings a hand to her chest, feeling her breathing become laboured as she struggles to take in oxygen because Peter is the spy.

"Oh my god." Maria drops to sit on the floor, her face in her hand as she lets out a sobbing breath and tears stream from her dark eyes. Bellatrix goes to place a hand on her arm. "Don't you fucking touch me!" Maria snaps, sniffling as she smacks Bellatrix's hand away harshly and Bellatrix recoils slightly.

"He, Rosier and Crouch are laying low in a muggle house." Bellatrix offers, pausing for a moment before slowly walking away and leaving Maria on the ground with her thoughts.

Maria sucks in a shaky breath, opening her tired eyes and standing up. Her eyes zero in on the tree opposite her where an address is magically carved into the bark. Bellatrix may be cruel and deranged, but she knows where her loyalties lie, and they certainly don't lie with Peter Pettigrew.

Maria Potter's heart is pounding, her mind clouded and blinded by the pure resentment and despair that seeing her family dead had left her in. Not able to hear anything other than her converse hitting the concrete beneath her and her pulse in her ears, her fingers wrap tight around her wand as she points it at the house.

    "Bombarda."

    The door flies back into the house and Maria quickly steps through the doorway with her eyes dark and her body fuelled with revenge and betrayal.

    She hears a shuffle above her and glances up at the roof, blinking and allowing a breathy laugh to escape her dry lips.

    "Peter!" She shouts through the house and a spell is shot her way. She has got blocks it and sends Barty Crouch Jr. straight into the wall, knocking him out cold and she clenches her jaw, swing nothing but pure red. "Get out here you fucking coward!"