04. LOVELY

She was so beautiful.

The way her hair fell around her narrow shoulders. How her laugh sounded like a song from the angels. The way the tip of her frail nose came to a soft point. Her absurd questions that she seemed to ask out of the blue. The competitive nature that was buried within her.

Everything about her was absolutely perfect, how could he not have fallen in love with her?

In the sixth grade Randy Meeks promised himself (and Billy) that he would never fall in love with Katie Loomis because girls were gross and they had cooties.

But day after day she would stride into school wearing obnoxious go-go boots and her skimpy little cheer uniform, and boy did puberty hit her like a brick, long slender legs and incoming boobs made her one of the most popular girls in all of Woodsboro Middle School.

Randy began to hate her more than he had ever hated anyone in his whole life, in fact, he hated the fact that he could never truly hate her, because day after day she'd sit down next to him in English class, smile at him with her perfect little smile and look at him with her big blue eyes.

How could he not fall in love with her?

Throughout the seventh grade he tried to avoid her, he even went as far as to change his pre algebra class to a different period so that he wouldn't be stuck with her.

He avoided hanging out with Billy at the Loomis residence because Katie would often be there, he never went to a football or basketball game because he knew she'd be cheering on the sidelines and seeing her in that outfit made him crazy.

He thought the universe was cruel and unforgiving for making Katie so perfect, because every time she spoke to him he seemed to melt like a snowman in July.

Fast forward to their freshman year, Randy barely saw Katie and did his best to steer clear of her at all costs, and eventually it got to the point where he barely even thought about her anymore.

All of his hard work to leave her in the past proved futile when she got a job at the video store, it was a step up from her old job at the record shop down the street but it still wasn't exactly top tier.

He walked in on a random morning, confused and absolutely floored to see Katie standing behind the desk, leaned over the latest issue if Cosmo flipping through the pages while she popped her pink bubble gum.

Her hair was half up half down and she wore a baby pink crop top and matching skirt with white go-go boots, which was definitely a step up from the cheerleader uniform that she almost always wore.

Walking in and seeing her there was a moment forever engraved in Randy's head, because that was when he finally realized that he didn't find her to be annoying and dumb, but rather he found her to be beautiful and breathtaking.

Of course, after that moment of revelation Randy still had to train her as a new employee without making a fool out of himself in front of the prettiest girl he's ever met.

The tour of the shop started off fairly rocky start, Randy was tripping over his words like an idiot and Katie barely understood what he was talking about.

Eventually, they reached the horror section, their favorites.

Katie wandered around the isle as Randy talked about his horror movie rules of survival, "Rule number one, you can never drink or have sex." He began, his cheeks reddening after realizing what combination of words he had just said, "Rule number two, don't be stupid."

"Rule number three, never say 'I'll be right back' because, you know, you wont be." Katie smiled at him.

He looked at her like she had just put the stars in the sky, "Yeah that's right." He smiled softly, "You like horror movies?"

She returned the grin as she played with her fingers, "I love them," She told him, "Prom Night's my favorite." She shrugged.

That was all he needed for his massive crush to be confirmed, "You like prom night?"

She giggled and it was like music to his ears, "I just said that, silly."

•••

School had been cancelled, and while she should've been worried as to why, Katie was instead thrilled. This meant she would have time away from her dreadful classes and all the freedom her little heart desired.

She walked out of the double doors in the front as dramatically as she possibly could, "Freedom at long last!" She said loudly as she spun around in the sunshine.

Randy, who had been following behind, smiled at her as he walked up next to her and took her hand in his, "Come over tonight?" He proposed, "My mom and sister are out of town, it'll just be me and you, baby." He smiled.

She looked up at him with a wide grin, "Absolutely!" She beamed, "I can stop by the store and grab some movies on my way if you'd like?" She offered.

He shook his head, "I don't want you out in public alone, not with that killer on the loose." He frowned, "I'm sure we still have some tapes at my house."

She nodded, it really meant the world that he cared.

Randy moved his hand from her grasp to up around her shoulders, pulling her in close to his side, he would always care, they both knew that.

"Whats up, lovebirds?" Stu asked as he joined them loudly at their sides, Katie now in the middle of the two much taller boys.

"Hey."

"Hi, Stu!" The blonde smiled, "Aren't you glad school got cancelled? It was such a drag! Totally killing my mojo, I needed a break."

"Yeah, blondie, now we can do whatever whenever and Himbry can't stop us." He gushed, "And the police will be too busy looking for the killers to come shut down the fiesta of the century."

"And who would happen to be holding this alleged 'fiesta'?" Randy asked expectantly, hoping that his friend wasn't really stupid enough to hold a rager full of horny teenagers in the middle of some other teenager's massacre.

"Yours truly!" Stu shouted, "I expect to see the two of you there tomorrow night, nine pm, don't be late." He said before stalking away.

Randy gaped after him, "Is he serious?"

Katie sighed in return, "As a heart attack."

ANNIE SPEAKS !
this is so short and like four months overdue but i'm lazy and hey its finally out so lets all just be grateful and thank me anyway!