Itto [-] Test of Courage

Start from the beginning

You stopped short and Kazuha did as well, "something up?"

"I thought I heard something." You looked forward to the continuation of the path. "But I don't see anything sketchy up there..."

"Do you want me to go first instead?" Kazuha offered.

"Um..." You rubbed the back of your neck. "...yes."

He chuckled, "it's not a problem to be scared."

"I'm not scared!" You huffed, "I'm being tactical. If anything happens to you, I get extra time to run away."

"Oh? So I'm just the bait?"

"Precisely."

Kazuha continued on in the front. Keeping an eye out for the dango milk you were searching for. He could hear rustling in the trees so he kept a subconscious attention on that. But the sounds were getting louder that he had to stop. "Hold on–"

A scream—your scream— came from behind him as soon as he got the trigger in his mind that something was coming. On instinct, his hands fell down to his sword which was on his waist and he pivoted on his foot.

But when he turned around...

"Help help help!" You shouted muffled from your captor. Struggling against his large body while you attempted to get out of his grasp. .

Kazuha's guard lowered. "You're making a really bad decision right now."

The red horns, and the gorgeous red lines painted on skin. Itto. His fanged grin grew wider. "I gotcha!"

But your terror didn't let up. "Please let me go!"

"Oh, oops." Itto said and released you from his arms. Quickly you spun around and took a shaky step back. "Haha! I scared you real good, didn't I?"

You were still breathing rapidly, "Itto? What the HELL is wrong with you?!"

Itto leaned back with your harsh words. "Huh? Whaddya mean? Isn't this whole thing about being scared?"

"Being scared and you grabbing me from out of the shadows are two completely different things!"

His face fell. "Oh, sorry, I guess I got carried away there." He reached a hand out. "Are you okay?"

You swatted his hand away. "I would be a lot better if my heart wasn't running at 1000 miles an hour." You crossed your arms. "Are you a part of the test of courage?"

"No but–"

You stopped him. "So you're just inconsiderate and running and trapping people for fun? That sounds like a literal crime, Itto!"

"Wait wait let me explain myself!" Itto tried to reason. "I was just–"

"There is no explanation for that!" You stepped back again and almost bumped into Kazuha. "Sorry, I don't think I want to continue anymore."

He understood that. "That is okay."

Itto frowned, "Y/N I'm sorry but can I please just tell you something?"

"I don't want to hear it." You shook your head. "You took that one way too far." Before Itto could reach his hand out again you ended up walking away from the whole thing in silence.

Itto went to follow you but stopped short. He sighed, "damn it. Was it really that bad?"

Kazuha was still around and nodded. "It definitely was a bit much. Despite this being a site for frights, it isn't respectful or appropriate to take it upon yourself and do your own thing to the participants." Based on Itto's reaction, perhaps there was more to the story. "Why would you decide to do that anyway?"