Chapter VIII. Mother's Mercy

Start from the beginning

Ellaria nods to Jaime and Jaime nods back

Ellaria nods to Jaime and Jaime nods back. Jaime and Tristane help Myrcella and me into the boat.

Bronn To Tyene "Maybe I'll come visit you sometime."

Tyene says "Maybe I'll come visit you."

"Don't wait too long. I've a noblewoman to marry back home."

Tyene leans in "You want a good girl, but you need the bad pussy." she bites his ear

Jaime to Bronn " Whenever you're ready, My Lord." 

Bronn nods to Tyene and the Snakes, then heads to the boat.

》》》》《《《《

Narrator POV

In Dragonstone, In Saera's chamber. Rhaena and Alicia get in and sit next to Saera who holding a raven pets him. Rhaena says "Your mother told me that you would not come out of your chamber"

Saera blankly "The red queen will turn to blood one"

Alicia says "You still dreaming"

Saera snaps at them "There are beastes between us"

Rhaena and Alicia share a worried look. Rhaena says "The dragons are the beastes"

Saera makes the raven fly "No, they are among the walls"

Alicia says "You mean people"

Sarea nods "The family, our family is the beasts"

》》》》《《《《

Lyanna POV

In the sea of Dorne, Myrcella looks down at her lion necklace. Jaime says "Try not to lose it this time."

Myrcella says "I'll never take it off again."

"I know you didn't want to leave Dorne. But I'm glad you're coming home. Your mother's desperate to see you. And I'm glad Trystane will follow us. He seems like a nice boy. You're lucky. Arranged marriages are rarely so... so well arranged."

I say "Not all of them work well, just a few"

Jaime nods "Few like us"

"Until the deadline"

Myrcella looks between us and coughs "Do you think mother will like him."

Jaime says "If she sees you're happy, I'm sure she will."

Myrcella laughs "And you really believe that?"

I laugh "I am not"

Jaime smiles "Have you ever known your mother to like anyone aside from her children?"

Myrcella says "She likes you." 

I stare at her.

Jaime says "I'm not so sure about that. Listen. There's something I've wanted to tell you. Something I should have told you long ago. So. Now that you've seen more of the world, you've learned how complicated things can be. People can be. The Lannisters and the Martells have hated each other for years, but you've fallen in love with Trystane. It was an accident, really, I mean what were the chances? You happen to fall in love with the man you were assigned to marry?" Myrcella and I laugh sharing a look "My point is... we don't choose whom we love. We just... It's beyond our control. I sound like an idiot."