Ch 19: A Night with Gabe Keeps the Worries Away

Start from the beginning

"Fucking shit woman! Took you long enough, nearly gave me a heart attack. I was getting ready to make an illegal u-turn at this street. Didn't want to be kidnapping you and forcing you to go on a date or anything!"

I giggle and see we are headed towards the mall.

He parks on the side of the mall that has the movie theater. Before I'm able to unbuckle my seat belt Gabriel is out and on my side opening my door for me. He holds my hand as we walk toward the ticket booth.

"Two for Pitch Perfect 2" He says as he lets go of my hand to get out his wallet. Oh no!! I didn't ask my parents for spending money. I check my purse to see how much I have and hope it's enough to pay for my movie ticket.

I'm pulling out a ten and a five when I hear Gabriel say, "Oy! Sang, I didn't work my ass off all fucking week to have you pay on our date!"

"Sorry, I didn't know", I start shaking, because this normal stuff is so new to me. Of course I should have known Gabriel was going to pay. Now I've practically insulted him!!

"Fuck! I'm so nervous trying to impress you, I forgot this was your first date ever, please forgive me. Okay, this is perfect, I am going to give you all the traditional dating experiences all wrapped into one date, got it?" He asks me and I nod.

He puts his hands on my shoulders and leans down so we are eye to eye, "This is going to be the cheesiest date you've ever been on and you better take notes too. If you ever go out with anyone else, hopefully more times with me, you'll know what to do. No pressure Sang, let's make it a fun, okay? I don't want you shaking like that."

We make our way into the theater and stand in line for popcorn and snacks with Gabriel's arm around my shoulders. That's when I hear someone behind me, "Awwww! Young love, isn't it cute Owen?"

Owen?!?! I recognized the voice talking as Dr. Green and I'm almost too afraid to turn around and find out I'm NOT actually hearing things!

Gabriel turns around, "Oy! What the fuck? Why are you two here? I thought teachers never left school!"

"Mr. Coleman, we may not be at school, but the language must cease if you want to make a good impression on your date."

"Fine. Which theater are you guys in? We're in theater nine. And are you together or something?"

"Theater nine? Looks like we're seeing the same movie. And no Mr. Coleman, not that it's any of your business."

Just my luck! We going to be in the same theater now. How am I going to enjoy the movie on our date if Mr. Blackbourne is here? I might have been fine if it was just Dr. Green, although it is weird seeing teachers outside of class. Like Janis in Mean Girls said, "It's like watching a dog walk on it's hind legs." Except this dog may be Volto.

We get our snacks and take our seats inside theater nine. About five minutes later Dr. Green and Mr. Blackbourne sit down directly behind us!! I hear Gabriel curse under his breath and it makes me giggle, relaxing a little at how absurd our date is going so far. He smirks at me probably thinking the same thing, although we both have different reasons for the absurdity, but he doesn't know that.