My hair that used to be long and touch my ankles was now cut in awkward lengths. The only way to fix it would be to cut more, but I didn't want Tuk to feel bad.

" Just next time wake me up if you decide to bring out sharp things."

She nodded really fast and I winked at her " Now scram."

She ran out of the tent and I went in search for Kiri, she was the only one that could help me. She was the only person I knew that had straight hair like me.

My hair wasn't black like theirs, I wasn't exactly sure why but It was a darkish blue along with my eyes being an orange instead of yellow. Who knows why, I never had parents to tell me any background so I tended to blank out all my differences because no one would be able to answer me. At first I did try and see if anyone knew if I had parents out there, but it was a lost cause so to save my disappointment I just never brought it up to anyone ever again.

Kiri was still in the tent with Spider, Neteyam and Lo'ak and I didn't want to go in there.

I don't know why but the thought of Neteyam seeing me, hair in total disarray made me...insecure? I wasn't sure why I would feel that way when he's my best friend.

I shook my head and made a step to walk in but i stopped last minute.

I really didn't want him to see me like this. So I called Kiri from outside the tent

" Riti? Is that you?"

" Yeah I need your help with something."

" I can send Neteyam?"

"NO. DO NOT SEND NETEYAM"

" I'm right here." he complained inside the tent

I was so embarrassed right now

" Kiri, I need you." I emphasized on the you

"Okay I'm on my way."

I let out a sigh of relief.

She walked around the tent and I grabbed her wrist, " Let me know how bad it is."

" what are you talking about-" She trailed off when she saw my hair

" what happened to your beautiful, luscious long hair?" She gasped and I threw a hand over her mouth to shush her

I sighed "Tuk. She couldn't get the bandage off so she decided to cut it off."

I tugged on a strand insecurely.

" The only way to fix it is to cut more."

She whispered back " why are we whispering?"

" Because I don't want Neteyam to know."

" why not?"

I thought for a second.. I didn't know either

" Because- because he'll make fun of me."

She looked at me with a knowing expression that pissed me off.

I glared at her " What do I do?"

" I'll fix it up for you."

*time skip after haircut*

" How do you like it?"

" well its a change."

I stared at my orange eyes in the reflection of the water, my hair was coming just below my shoulders a shaggy style with short layers up top that blend into curtain bangs that frame my face. My ears where poking out with the multiple piercings that were placed on me.

I didn't know how to feel My hair has been growing out for the past 17 years of my life. And now its gone, it felt symbolic for some reason. I rolled my eyes at myself for being so dramatic about hair.

" Thank you Kiri it looks amazing."

" We should go show the boys."

" Ehhh, let's wait on that." I laughed a little

" Why are you nervous that Neteyam will-"

" I am not worried about Neteyam's reaction." I stated blankly.

"Sureeee you're not."

" you know you and spider are looking real cozy-"

" OK OK" she held up her hands

I reveille in the feeling of the lightness of my head.

"Your gorgeous Riti, You're dumb if you think Neteyam will think otherwise. Especially when he worships the ground you step on."

I rolled my eyes, " Neteyam thinks I'm about as ugly as a Hammerhead Titanothere."

She let out a laugh and shook her head, "sureeee"

I wasn't going to comment on her sarcasm. We stepped out of the tents and Tsahik demanded I get rest. I was stuck on the side because I was still healing. I thought about Neteyam alone, I clenched my jaw. This sucks.