⁰¹⁹ Fire of Judgment

Start from the beginning

"If you keep accusing people like that then it makes it pretty suspicious." Koichi rose a brow. "Who's to say you aren't the witch?" He attacked and the sheer anger that Niragi felt was quite clear on his offender's face but before he could shoot a bullet in his head, Ann stepped in between them and held the napkin in the air.

"This is Hatter's blood." People turned their heads in confusion letting the women continue. "I was examining Hatter's body so that's how the blood got on me."

"His body?" A girl called.

"Hatter was murdered." Collective gasps go around the room.

'At least that information is out now.' Koichi thought.

"What do you mean Hatter was killed? Why didn't you tell us?" A girl accused angrily but Ann stayed calm. "The executives decided the information might throw you all into a state of panic."

"If you kept this from us...what..what else are you damn people hiding from us?" Another guy behind Ann said as two guys started having a hissy fit. Dude number two forgot his name and walked forward to address everyone. "Calm down!"

*I cannot be half assed to write this scene its so boring*

"This bullet was found in Hatter's body. It's the same ones that come from the guns in Beach." Ann held up the small bullet to show everyone. Koichi narrowed his eyes at the information. So someone from Beach killed Hatter? But who?

A timid girl surrounded by guys held her phone nervously before she made herself known. "What if the witch killed Hatter? I mean..what! What if one of you killed him, I mean that doesn't sound as crazy, right?" Frantically looking around but her words were cut short when a long narrow katana pierced through her chest, Koichi inwardly wincing at the sight.

She fell and the Sword guy was revealed to be the one who killed her. "I found her annoying ...Let's just burn everyone here."

Usagi's breath became heavy at the man's threat, she knew he wouldn't back down on it either. Soon enough Koichi knew the girl behind him was fine so he slowly went back to Usagi as she was someone he was familiar with.

"If anyone standing in here is the witch, then everyone in this room except me could be the witch." Aguni's loud voice boomed across the hall as he strutted down the gap of people. "So whoever this witch is, step forward already." Scoffing like the witch would ACTUALLY step forward just because he asked.

No one responded and Koichi knew why. Aguni was absolutely terrifying. I mean the man just had dominance radiating all over him no, Koichi wondered how no one had shat their pants yet. "If no one wants to admit it, then all of you will burn."

Niragi took Aguni words to heart and gave the crowd one last evil smirk before screaming with joy, shooting his gun towards the roof causing everyone around them to start yelling in fear. People pushed and shoved each other towards the exits, Usagi ran over to help the girl up Koichi saved from before to start running to an exit, but she ran back to snatch the last phone and drag Koichi along with them.

It's as if she forgot he practically betrayed her and hauled the two down the hallway. Koichi took a quick look around and became confused by the missing presence of the blonde and Kuina. "Hey! Hey, where's Chishiya?" His voice held panic leading Usagi to stop and stutter to give him an answer before they're killed.

"He's probably fine! We have to focus on getting away and saving Arisu!" Koichi made a noise of frustration and they found themselves down one of the many hotel hallways where Usagi gently pushed the girl to the bedroom door.

"Go in here. You'll be safe." She told her but Asahi shook her head in refusal. "Alone? I want to stay with you guys." She fought back but Koichi reached between them to shove the door open and gently push her inside while Usagi gave her a smile.

"We have to go find someone. Don't worry, we'll be back." Her words were cut short when they heard footsteps behind them, Koichi standing in front of the two as all three saw Tatta and a random guy appear.

"Oi! It's me, Tatta! Friend! I'm friendly!"

They jogged over seemingly out of breath. Koichi scoffed, still standing in front of the girls as Tatta stood in front of them. "Hear me out. I think we should work together like before."

"How about no—" Usagi gave Koichi a hard look and hesitantly nodded to Tatta. "Help me find Arisu." Tatta nodded instantly, gunshots took their attention quickly and Tatta turned back to then,

"We have to keep moving. They're getting close." He warned. Koichi rolled his eyes not wanting to join pairs with the two boys but they seemingly had no choice at this point so they started running back down the hall.

Also where the fuck was his man Chishiya? Like a cat, he's disappeared again so Koichi has no idea whether or not he's alive. Even if he wanted to dwell on the thought more, he had to push the worry down and try to survive himself.

But he can still worry just a little bit.

If murder was one thing, then the chaos erupting in the building was another. Aguni's orders to kill everyone, burn them in the fire to end the game quicker was another. Dead body's littered the floor with bullet holes in their chest, head, anywhere you could think of that could inflict death. The fire roared outside as the military hauled people outside and into the fire. Their bodies landed creating a larger spark of embers to burst into the night sky contrasting against its dark blue.

Aguni had his hands in his pockets and stared directly into the bomb fire with no emotion. His eyes watching the flames dance around gracefully as it scorched and burned away the body's flesh in an instant. A true sight to behold.

Inside from the security rooms, Kuina sighed watching the cameras at the dead bodies and people frantically running away from the ones who wielded the guns.

"It's like everyone's gone crazy." A shiver ran up her spine while watching what was happening on the tv's. Chihsiya sat beside her, shrugging his shoulders. "Not their smartest move. Why would they do such a thing to survive?"

Kuina shook her head. "There's no way to find out who the witch is this way."

"You could be the witch, right Kuina?" His words didn't amuse her as she turned around with a glare. "Or it could be you." Chishiya just smirked and blinked, his eyes moving to stare at her.

Turning back around, her eyes over from screen to screen until her voice sliced the silence again. "You shouldn't have left Koichi on his own. So much for protecting him." Chishiya bit his cheek but didn't reply further, letting her to continue.

"You made this whole plan to keep him alive but then you go off leaving him alone with mass murderers. It's bad on your part but also for his survival."

He stood up and lifted a hand. "I know, I know..I just...wanted to get out and forgot to grab his hand." Leaning on the desk with a sorrowful look.

Kuina glared at the blonde, sucking on the cigarette as she angrily contemplated his actions. "You already lost him once. Who's to say you won't lose him again?"

"Okay, enough." He sighed but she went on, "You should just stop messing around and tell him, you're my friend so I want what's best for you. And that's to go save him." Chishiya swallowed the forming lump in his throat, turning his head away from the girl to stare at the desk.

Her words were nothing but true, but when would he really be able to tell Koichi the one thing that's been bothering him this entire time.

If Koichi dies, would he ever get this chance again? Obviously not, he'd be dead.

And Chishiya can't let that happen.

My poor readers I'm sorry for ghosting this book please forgive me 🥲🤚

It's like 1am but whaever, enjoy the new chapter I'll start uploading more for Joker (hopefully) and working on my other books.

Also anyone else use the app cause I do and I'm actually so sick of the ads I get every two chapters of reading fanficiton like it's fr offensive and makes my wanna throw my phone—