The Way I Loved You

Summary: Y/N and Xavier Thorpe were once boyfriend and girlfriend until Xavier's anger issues got the best of him and they broke up. When Y/N starts dating a normie boy who works in the Weathervane, she starts comparing her relationship with him to her past relationship with Xavier

He is sensible and so incredible
And all my single friends are jealous

Y/N was on FaceTime with her normie boyfriend, Peter while he was on break in the Weathervane.

"Don't you have a shift to get to, Peter?" Y/N asked as she was doing homework in her Nevermore dorm that she shares with Divina.

"I do, but i could always spare a few minutes to talk to my beautiful girlfriend." Peter said. Peter was always this doting and sweet. "Peter, your break is done!" Y/N heard Tyler's voice calling Peter, "I gotta go, princess, I'll talk to you later, I love you." Peter said. "Love you too" Y/N said hanging up the FaceTime call.

"Damn, Y/N, your normie boy toy is definitely whipped for you. I'm so jealous, like I love Yoko, but sometimes I wish she was more affectionate, I guess. But that's what I get for dating a vampire." Divina commented laughing a little.

"Yeah, I know. Yoko loves you in her own way though." Y/N commented, playing with the necklace Peter bought her for their one month-aversary.

"But Peter basically worships the ground you walk on, and that's without being a siren." Divina stated.

The next day at Nevermore, Y/N was talking to a werewolf friend of hers, Luna, in the quad. Y/N always talks to Luna about Peter. "Y/N, i am literally so jealous! Why can't I find a nice guy like Peter? He's basically perfect, except for the fact that he's a normie but you do you, I guess." Luna said. Luna is singles but she desperately wants a relationship.

"Yeah, I guess he is kinda perfect." Y/N commented, heading to botany class after the bell rang.

He says everything I need to hear, and it's like
I couldn't ask for anything better

Y/N was in the Weathervane with Peter, drinking some coffee. "So I was thinking since we are going to the Rave'N dance together this Friday, thank you for agreeing to come, by the way, that you could help me pick out a dress. Like you're supposed to wear all white because it's Yeti themed so we could pick out something together." Y/N commented as Peter was making drinks.

"Yeah, sounds good, when my shift is done we can go" Peter said.

Peter's shift finished and the both of them went shopping. Y/N tried on 3 white dresses and showed them all to Peter. However, after every dress Peter said "you look great" to every dress. He would shower her in compliments as she tried on the other dresses she has seen on the rack. Y/N thought about Xavier and how when they were dating, he helped her get ready for the Rave'N dance last year too.

"Xavi, what do you think of this dress?" Y/N asked, showing Xavier a fire engine red strapless dress that comes up above the knee.

"You look beautiful. But I've never seen you wear anything strapless before, I know at parties you like to dance and I don't want you feeling uncomfortable when you keep pulling the dress up every few minutes. How about...this one." Xavier said, picking out a dress with a sweetheart neckline and thin straps. "This looks more your speed, plus the color will fit you better, Enid was teaching me about color theory before we left so you can say I'm educated." Xavier said laughing. Y/N tried on the dress that Xavier suggested and she immediately fell in love with it, she loved how it made her look. Y/N got out of the dressing room to show Xavier. Y/N then stood in front of the floor length mirror and Xavier came up behind her to hug her. "See? You look absolutely gorgeous." Xavier said as he kissed her shoulder.