Banned

Lando was at home with Marcus. It was early in the morning. The birds were chirping on this winter's morning.

M - Morning.

L - Good Morning.

M - Do you want breakfast in bed?

L - Go on then babe, but its like 11am.

M - Breakfast is when you break the fast so theoretically can be eaten at any time of the day.

L - It's too early for your lectures.

M - Tea?

L - Yes please.

As Marcus went downstairs to make Lando some breakfast, in Lando's own house, Lando pulled his phone of the bedside table and began scrolling through Twitter. He read an tweet about a rule change. Lando's heart sank.

"The general making and display of political, religious and personal statements or comments notably in violation of the general principle of neutrality promoted by the FIA unless previously approved in writing by the FIA for International Competitions."

Lando was angry. He got out of bed and ran downstairs to the kitchen.

L - Have you seen this?

M - What is it?

L - They're trying to ban us, to silence us.

M - Wh... what?

L - I've just sent my helmet design off to the painters as well...

M - But Lando, they can't stop you being gay.

L - I need to call the team...

M - Today is your day off babe, I thought you wanted to spend it with me.

L - This is only going to take a few minutes, just while you're making my breakfast.

Lando left the kitchen and headed into his living room before calling the McLaren.

L - Hey, Lando here, I am just asking about the recent sporting code change.

McL - Oh yes...

L - Are we putting a statement out condemning it?

McL - We can't.

L - Why not?

McL - Because we'll be breaching the rule.

L - I am the only openly-gay driver on the grid and I am now being silenced.

McL - Yeah... about your helmet design, you're not allowed to wear it.

L - Why?

McL - You haven't got permission run a rainbow on it...

L - Maserati have a rainbow on their front wing this season, how is that allowed?

McL - I don't know.

L - This needs to be discussed in a meeting. Pencil one in for next week and get Oscar, Zak, Andreas and everyone else who needs to be there.

McL - Ok...

L - See you later, bye.

Lando headed back into the kitchen where is breakfast waited for him.

L - Ok, I am going to eat this and then post a picture of us kissing on socials. We're not being silenced.

M - Oh erm... sure.

Lando swiftly ate his breakfast and then cuddled up to Marcus before taking a picture of them kissing. He uploaded it to all of his social media accounts with the caption "POV: How I woke up this morning knowing they are trying to silence you. #WeDontRaceAsOne"

M - Damn you really took the war path.

L - Of course I did. I refuse to stay silent.

M - Haha, I love you Lando.

L - I love you too.