"look at them- they're all freaks. a whole family of them."

suddenly, your twin halted beside you, alerting you and your older brother of his still spot on the sand as you turned to face the boy with slightly narrowed eyes. "lo'ak."

heaving a sigh, the taller na'vi faced you with a tight smile of assurance. "chill."

neteyam furrowed his eyebrows, stepping forward to make his way to your side before lo'ak held out a hand to stop him from coming any closer. "i got this, bro."

turning back toward the cluster of metkayina teenagers, lo'ak trudged down the sand to stand in front of the son of the olo'eyktan, raising his hand to wiggle his pinky in the air.

"i know this hand is funny," he spoke, "look, i'm a freak- alien."

you watched the interaction with a clenched jaw, your arms coming to fold idly underneath your chest.

"but it can do something really cool, watch," lo'ak continued, lifting his other hand to press his fingers down tightly into his palm. "first i ball it up real tight, like this."

he paused, glancing up at the turquoise-toned boy to ensure that he was actively focused on his moving fingers. "okay, then..."

without warning, your twin hastily reeled his fist back and shot it forward, his knuckles harshly connecting with aonung's nose as he followed it with two more consecutive punches to the face.

the reef teen fell to the sand, his eyes wide in bewilderment at the unfamiliar fighting tactic as a streak of blood slowly trailed down one of his nostrils, his friends concernedly rushing to his side.

"it's called a punch, bitch!" lo'ak exclaimed, holding a pointed finger out toward the boys. "don't ever touch my sisters again!"

one of your fists moved to hover over your mouth in shock, watching as aonung stared up at your brother from the ground with glaring eyes.

before anything else could happen, the rough voice of your father made its way into your mind, his words pounding against your skull as if he were there beside you, warning you on what was to come.

as aonung quickly shot up from the ground, you felt your legs move almost entirely on their own as you rushed across the sand, standing in front of your twin with raised hands.

"wait, wait!" you shouted, causing the heated na'vi to pause with irritated eyes traveling to meet your gaze. "my brother is just on edge, he didn't mean to!"

aonung let out a scoff at your sentence and you winced, realizing that your words could have possibly been framed in a better context.

"get out of the way, freak," he hissed. "your brother can fight his own battles."

heaving a small sigh, you glanced over at lo'ak who met your eyes with tightly knitted brows, his hands held up in a set fighting stance that your father had taught to you and your brothers.

"mawey," you voicelessly mouthed, hovering a hand over your chest to wordlessly convey the message to breathe.

"you demons need to learn your place."