"you know, you're actually kind of pretty," he began with a teasing smirk, making his way to stand in front of you as his friend stepped backward to allow the reef teenager to face you again. "well, you would be, if you were a real na'vi."

your eyes stayed trained on his slightly taller figure in a glare, backing up to place more distance between your almost-touching chests. "if it means having to be pawned after by you and your little mermaid friends, i would rather stay the way i am, thank you."

the teens around you stirred, words and noises of teasing leaving their lips as aonung scoffed, glancing around at his friends before beginning to move forward.

"hey!"

a shout of warning sprung from your right, and you turned to spot your twin furiously trudge his way across the sand up to the older boy. "back off, fish lips."

"oh, yet another little freak has come to join the party," the curly-haired boy jeered as he stepped away from you and kiri, pushing at your brother's shoulders before having his hands swatted away.

"look at this little baby tail," one of aonung's friends chimed in, taking the extension into his hands to tug at it as the rest swarmed him with taunting shoves and laughs.

"don't touch me!" lo'ak warned, pushing the reef boys away as kiri shouted out from behind you.

"leave us alone!"

the sound of harsh footsteps colliding with the sand met your ears as you stepped forward to pull lo'ak away, your eldest brother joining your side before he forcefully thrusted his hand against aonung's arm, sending the boy flailing backwards.

"you heard what she said," neteyam threatened, his eyes peering sharply into the son of the village leaders as he pressed a finger into his chest. "leave them alone."

the lackey by the teen's side stepped forward, pipping up with yet another gibe before aonung held his hand out, keeping the boy back.

"back off," your brother echoed, holding the finger that was once pressed into the imbecilic teenager's chest in front of his face. "now."

after a final moment of stillness, aonung lifted his hands up as a way to surrender, backing away slowly as his eyes traveled over toward you and your twin.

"smart choice," neteyam commented, moving to look over at the other metkayina boys with his fierce gaze. "and from now on, i need you to respect my sisters."

with a staid stare from aonung and a hiss from the na'vi beside him, neteyam moved to leave, ushering the three of you on with a quick, "let's go."

from your peripheral, you noticed kiri sneak out a final taunt, her tongue poking out of her lips as you shook your head with a subtle grin, grabbing her shoulders before gently pushing her forward.

"bye, bye!" one of the sea teens exclaimed, letting out a mocking titter as the group huddled together to exchange hushed words to further fuel the disdain between them and your family.

rolling your eyes, you continued on, stepping forward to urge your twin brother to walk before a certain comment managed to draw your attention away from the boy.

𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 | tsireyaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें