3- Bandit Trouble II

Zacznij od początku

It had a gold plating and seemingly sparkled in the sun. "It's really pretty Shanks!" He smiled, "I'm glad, can I see you with it?" He placed it on your neck and connected it before pulling away. The gold and red suited your complexion really well.

"It suits you well, (Y/N)." You smiled softly at him, "Thanks Shanks!" You said softly. 

"It's something I brought with me on my journey throughout the years, it gave me good luck, so I hope it gives you some too- considering your leg." He chuckled, "It shows that we're connected anyway so if anyone tries to both you..."

He puffed out his chest, "Then say you know me!" Luffy laughed as you did but quieter, then Shanks patted your head again, "You know, I was a little surprised when you said you weren't good at anything but if you become a pirate or not- I bet you'll do something great and that we'll see each other again. You're a good kid."

You felt tears come to your eyes again, feeling emotional over his words and feeling sadness as you never received those words as a child yourself, he panicked, "Eh. (Y/N), why are you crying?" I smiled a bit and wanted to deflect the attention, "Sorry, I'm just going to miss you!" You saw Beckman hold back a chuckle. Shanks smiled softly but seemed slightly suspicious before Luffy yelled out something that shocked everybody:

"I will become a pirate! Someday I'll gather a crew as good as yours, and I'm going to find the greatest treasure in the world, and I'm going to be the King of the Pirates! I'll show you!"

Shanks looked surprised, "You're going to surpass us, huh?" Luffy sniffled a little, obviously sad about Shanks leaving. "In that case..." Shanks took his hat off, "I'll leave this hat with you. It's dear to me. Take good care of it!" He placed it on Luffy's head and whispered something in his ear, making him nod confidently, with tears running down his face and snot coming out of his nose.

When they finally set sail, the villagers were cheering them, "Bring the hat back to me, once you've become a good pirate. That's our promise, Luffy!" Makino's hands were on Luffy and your shoulders. You smiled and Luffy turned to you before clenching your shirt softly in his hand.

Your glad you met him, but you were very curious what Shanks said to Luffy when giving him the hat. You all saw the ship slowly leave the horizon as more and more villagers left. Only a handful was left around the docks. Even Makino's hands started to fall a little.

You played with your ring in your right hand. Your smile dropped before dust formed all around you, Luffy, Makino and the villagers. Gasps were filled throughout before very excited people talking with themselves.

"IT'S HIM!"

"He's finally here!"

"What took him so long?"

The figure standing on the cracked cobble stone stood strong and smiled. His white jacket flying in the wind. Makino grin grew as much as she just saw Shanks. "Garp-san!" You then saw Luffys smile fall and you saw his legs turning in the other direction to run but Makino stopped him.

You felt cogs turning in your head as you looked at Garp.

He laughed loudly as you could feel it in the stone below your feet. His eyes landed on you. "Oh? A new kid?"

Cogs were still turning.

Makino smiled softly and placed the hand that was on your shoulder to your head, "Ah, yes! This is (Y/N)! We found her a few days ago!" Garp then bent down. "Well then (Y/N). Nice to meet you, you can call me Grandpa!"

Yep, no. The cogs were still turning.

♡ ♡ ♡

Published: 05/01/2023

Word count: 1342

Edited: 13/4/23

New W/C: 1351

Fun Fact(s):

Luffy wanted to distract you with fun from being sad (although his brain process was sad ≠ fun)

Luffy took what Shanks said to heart and plans on doing just that.

Garp knew from the time he laid eyes on you that you were a new grandchild. No second thoughts.

A/N: The new edited version changed the ring to a necklace (it'll make more sense in the future don't worry) and an adult giving a child a ring may be odd so it was changed, haha. I corrected the grammar too as it was a little clunky