1.) New Kid

Mary Jane Miller

I wake up from my alarm the first thing I have to do when I wake up is take two of my pills so that's what I do.

Today is the first day of senior year. I can't wait till college. I wanna go to NYU, New York University.

I put on a dark blue New York crewneck and black leggings. I might get a little hot but I don't really care.

Today is also my first day of actual school. My parents passed away when I was 15 and my brother was 18. That was last year. But since My brother was 18 he took custody of me. I'm now 16 and he is 19. He isn't in college he doesn't want to go he said he never has. So anyway I have always been homeschooled, so its my first year of actual school.

I grab my black backpack with red tiny flowers on it and put it on my back and walk down stairs. My brother is in the kitchen making breakfast but I'm not that hungry. "Hey, May May." I call him by the nickname he hates. By the way his name is Mason. "Hey sis, you good? You got everything? You feel like backing out?" I think he is more nervous than I am. "I'm good May I got everything." I giggle at his silliness.

I start to walk out the house. "You coming May." I hear heavy footsteps before he shows up in the Foyer. I giggle and put on my air force 1s on my feet. "Let's gooo." I squeal getting a sudden rush of excitement.

We are in the car and I'm almost bouncing with excitement. I can't wait to make new friends. "Mary J." I look up and see huge building with a bunch of kids. This must be it.

"Oh, we are here." I'm about to open the door when Mason grabs me and makes me look at him. "Whats wrong?" I ask. "Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" He asks looking actually worried. I nod my head. He hugs me and kisses my forhead. "I love you." He whispers in my forhead. I nod my head "I love you too may may." I open my door and get out.

Holy cheese and crackers. That's alot of kids. More friends I guess.

I make my way to the door and to the office. "Hi!" I smile brightly at the old woman sitting here. She smiles back. "How may I help you pretty lady." She compliments. I smile even more if that's possible. "Um I'm new here and I have no clue where to go. I'm a senior. My brother said he enrolled me and stuff and I just needed to come here and get my schedule." I tell her. She nods her head and goes to her computer. "What's your name?" She asks me. "Mary Jane Miller." I answer. She nods her head. "Here yah are dear. Get settled in." I nod my head mumble a thanks and leave.

First period is.... English. Ok. I start walking to room 237 and find it 2 halls away from the office. I walk in rushing a little because I'm late. Everyone's eyes turn are on me.

This is very uncomfy...

"Hi you must be new." The teacher says. I nod my head smiling brightly at him. "Hi, I'm Mary Jane." I say. "Nice to meet you. Would you like to be called Mary,,, Jane, or Mary Jane." he asks politely. "You can call me whatever." I shrug. He nods his head. "Ok, Mary Jane you can sit by Maxine." He points to this girl sitting by herself. I nod my head and walk over to our table.

"Hello!" I smile at her. She smiles back. She is super pretty she has green eyes a light green, her hair is brown almost black, she has a tiny straight nose. "Hi, your Mary Jane." She states matter of factly I nod my head. "That's me." I giggle. "I have a feeling we are going to be the best of friends." I nod my head agreeing. "That means we have to have a sleepover." A sleepover I'll have to ask my brother. "Ok I guess but I have to ask my brother first." I say. She nods her head. I find it a little soon to be having a sleepover since it's my first day and all but I'm not gonna question it.