Heartbeats

TW // none

{ Patrck's POV }

Patrck sighed and put his phone in his pocket, leaning more into the cold metal garage door behind him. He sat there for a bit in silence, before he was snapped out of his trance by the sound of someone knocking on his front door.
He quickly wiped the tears away from his eyes and came out of the garage and into the house, then opened the door. "What do you-" Pat started, then realized the one who knocked on his door was Gar, an expression on his face that Pat didn't quite understand. "Gar?.." Patrck asked.
"Listen, I know you told me to go away but..." Gar paused, looking at Pat in the eyes. "I realized something." He finished. Pat tilted his head in confusion. "What did you realize?" He asked.
Gar seemed to take a deep breath in and out, then quickly leaned into Pat and kissed him. Although it took Pat by surprise, he quickly melted into the kiss and rested his hand on Gar's face. Gar then parted their lips, looking at Pat with expectant eyes. Patrck couldn't seem to find any words to say at this moment, he just smiled and looked into Gar's eyes. "I... thought you still loved Jp" Pat managed to say. Gar broke eye contact for a second. "I... I might," Gar paused. "But I think I can learn to love you more" Their eyes met again. Patrck's smile faded a little, removing his hand from Gar's face and grabbing onto the door again. "You don't have to do that for me.." Patrck said softly, shutting the door, but being interrupted by Gar grabbing the door before it could close. "No! I... I want to." Gar said, a look of desperation in his eyes. Patrck stared into Gar's dark brown eyes, feeling his heart start to beat faster. Pat softly scratched at the door he was still holding onto, trying to think of what to say. "Patrck... will you be my boyfriend?" Gar said, clasping his hands together nervously. Patrck was quiet for a second.
"Yes, yes I will" Patrck said and smiled.

{ Wade's POV }

Wade stared at his phone nervously, him and Jp hadn't said a word to each other since yesterday, before the kiss. He tried to type something to say to Jp to start up any kind of conversation, but he ending up deleting it. Wade sighed and turned off his phone. He thought for a second, staring off into the distance, and then got up from his bed.
He silently got his shoes on, got ready, got Presley and Ginger, then went on his way to the dog park.

Wade entered through the gate doors to the park, and looked around briefly. His eyes filled with sadness as he didn't see Jp there, and started debating turning around. "Hey stranger!"
Wade whipped around as he heard a voice call out behind him. "Jp?" Wade asked, smiling.
Jp then walked through the gate with his dog, Oliver, and stopped in front of Wade. "To be honest, I... kind of thought you were ignoring me, after... yknow?" Wade stammered out. Jp's eyes widened. "Oh! I thought you were ignoring me!" Jp said with a relieved laugh. The two went silent for a second. "So... about the aforementioned thing..." Jp started, his eyes on the ground. "Would you maybe... wanna get dinner? Sometime?" He said, fiddling with Oliver's leash, then looked up to Wade. Wade's face flushed at the question. "Y- yeah... I would love to" He responded. "It's settled then!" Jp said, and then leaned in quickly to give a peck on Wade's lips, then took the leash off of his dogs collar. The two talked for a while while their respective dogs ran around and played in the park.

"1 2 3 4!" Pat announced, then him and Gar started playing their respective instruments and Jp started singing. Wade watched with a smile on his face as he watched the three preform the song they had wrote together. He felt his face flush watching Jp, but this time he didn't make an effort to hide it. Eventually, the song ended and Jp happily jumped down from the makeshift stage they had made. "Did you like it??" He asked, walking towards Wade. Wade stood up from his chair, still smiling. "Yeah, I loved it! You guys did a great job!" Wade said, his gaze going from Jp and then to Gar and Pat. Wade walked over to the wall and hit the button to open the garage door. "Wait- where are you guys going?" Gar asked. "Oh uh we-" Wade started, but was interrupted by Jp. "We're going on a date!" Jp said happily and grabbed onto Wade's sleeve.
"Oh, hope you have fun" Gar said and smiled.
Wade nodded appreciatively and the two walked out of the door, it closing behind them.
They heard the instruments start up again faintly, assuming Gar and Pat decided to continue practicing. Wade looked over to Jp as they walked, him still holding Wade's sleeve, basically leaning on his shoulder. "So, where are we gonna go?" Wade asked. Jp looked to him and thought for a second. "Mcdonald's?" He finally said. Wade chuckled a bit. "Alright..."