Chapter 59 - Awkwardness, Lies, and Confessions?

Start from the beginning

"I know right" she laughed. "But I don't want to deal with the hassle of paperwork to let me stay here."

"Hahaha, yeah, that would be a pain to deal with."

I kept talking on the phone with Sumiko for about another hour or so. "Great, just great." I let out a huge sigh. "Now I have to worry about Sumiko coming back to Japan while I'm still in Bonten's custody" I thought as I laid back. "How the hell am I going to deal with that?"

"I take it you're finished with your phone call with your friend?" Kakucho asked as he walked back into the room with Koko. Mochi wasn't with them.

I didn't even bother asking him how he knew I was on the phone with Sumiko. "Yeah and I'm sure you guys were listening."

"We were just making sure you didn't say anything that she didn't need to know."

"Like I could tell her about the shit I'm going through right now." I turned my phone screen on and looked at it, noticing it was starting to become nighttime. "I don't need you guys icing another person I know."

"Icing?" Koko asked.

"Kill, murder. You know the only thing you guys are good at" I explained. "That's a lie, some of them are good at beating the doonies down" I thought.

"We do what we have to do, (Y/n)" Kakucho told me.

"Yeah, I know that already."

It got quiet and awkward in the room as no one had anything else to say.

Two minutes passed and no one said anything.

Five minutes passed and no one said anything.

Finally ten minutes passed and Koko was the first one to speak. "Do you need anything else, (Y/n)?" He walked over to me. "Do you need more blankets or pillows?

"No, what I have is okay."

"Do you need more water?"

"No but if I do, I'll get a nurse to bring me some more."

Koko didn't know what else to say or do. "Do you want us to leave?"

"Yes please."

Koko looked at Kakucho. "Well we can't actually leave the hospital."

"Okay."

The two of them left my room and went to the lobby that was on the floor of the room I was staying in.

"So what are we going to do about that friend of hers?" Koko asked Kakucho.

"What do you mean?"

"You heard that she's coming back to Japan, right?"

"Yes I did hear that, but I don't understand what you're trying to get at here."

"I'm asking if we're going to kill her friend or not?"

"Why would we need to kill her?"

"Well from the way (Y/n) sounded on the phone, that friend of hers is willing to do anything for her" Koko started. "She might try to help (Y/n) if she found out she was taken by us."

"That won't happen" Kakucho reassured him.

"How do you know that?"

"I had a talk with (Y/n) about what would happen if she ever alerted anyone about what was happening to her."

"You say that, but who's to say she won't tell her friend?" Koko gave Kakucho a serious look. "She could easily tell her what's going on in secret and plan another one of her escapes."