🏵️ ⋆.ೃ࿔* Book Two (part 13)

Start from the beginning

A soft laugh escaped the stranger's mouth, allowing me to see a row of pearly white teeth yet also two sharp dragon-like fangs, "No, I am not a vampire."

"Lame."

Seemingly amused, I noticed the stranger had dropped his guard slightly as he asked, "Do you live here? I was under the impression that this dorm had been abandoned for some time."

Shrugging a cold breeze blew past my frame allowing for the fabric of the dress to flow slightly with it, "Yeah, unfortunately, me and my... friend, Grim, live here now temporarily. And, if you want to blame someone blame Crowley, from what I have learned over the few weeks I've been here is not to trust that bird bitch for anything."

The tall male was taken aback slightly, "Such vulgar words from a young woman such as yourself."

"Well, my father never raised a daughter to just sit down and look pretty for some man," I remarked as I rolled my eyes as a butterfly caught my attention from afar, "He raised one who is willing to take risks no matter what the result entails."

"Your father seems like a lovely man," I noticed the male's eyes soften slightly as I nod.

"That's because he is. That man worked his ass off to help me get to where I am today. Now enough about me, who are you?"

The male's once loosened demeanor changed in an instant as he tensed, "Who am I...? You don't know who I am?"

"I wouldn't have asked if I knew."

Smirking mysteriously, the man nodded, "Interesting. What is your name?"

Smiling proudly, I placed a hand out in front of me for a handshake, "My name is (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N), Prefect of Ramshackle dorm. Nice to meet you, mystery man. Now if I can recall formal customary terms wouldn't it be beneficial for you to also introduce oneself?"

He reached out and shook my hand—his grip was stable and firm, "(Y/N)... An unusual name, to be sure. But it's beautiful nonetheless. I am... No, never mind. I'd rather you remain unaware."

My mouth hung open in shock as I groaned, "You are insufferable..."

"It's for your benefit, I assure you. Instead, I will permit you to call me by a name of your choosing," The male spoke softly as I reluctantly met his sharp gaze, "Although you may one day regret it..."

Glaring, I rolled my eyes and thought to myself, I swear all the men in this school are condescending assholes plus Deuce... and Trey.. maybe Riddle? Eh.. that might be a stretch.

My thoughts were drawn away by a soft sigh as I watched the black-haired, vampire elf guy look back at my dorm in disparity, "But alas... if you have taken up residence here, then this abandoned dorm is no longer "abandoned." Pity." The male straightened his uniform as a huff escaped his lips, "I shall have to find some other ruins for my next nocturnal constitutional. Farewell."

"Wait!" Yet, before I could say a lasting goodbye the strange male was already gone leaving behind beautiful green light particles behind him. Reaching for one, my fingers brushed it lightly—and it drained its color... going from electric green... to a dull gray.

"...That can't be good..."