🏵️ ⋆.ೃ࿔* Book Two (part 13)

Encounter at Midnight

The night sky was aglow with bright shining stars that illuminated my figure as I paced back and forth in my bedroom

The night sky was aglow with bright shining stars that illuminated my figure as I paced back and forth in my bedroom. The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the abyssal sky. Frowning, I sighed and glanced out of the window, looking up at the blanket of stars that stretched to infinity. The occasional snoring of Grim breaks the silence of the night.

Shifting in the bed, I heard Grim mutter, "Mmm. Didja see that..." A snore left his mouth causing me to smile softly, "Totally wrecked 'em with my power shot..."

"You sure did buddy," I muttered as I walked over and tucked my feline friend into a blue quilt. Then I leaned down and kissed his head., "Goodnight Bud..."

Hastily, I exited the room with a grown of the door's hinges. At night, the dorm seemed like a desolate wasteland as the smiling moon laughed at my helpless figure from the night sky—its rays leaking through the tall dusty windows exposing the house of all its imperfections.

The vintage, jade-green colored nightgown I wore hung loosely to my shivering frame. Frowning, I made my way down the stairs—trying my hardest to ignore every creek of the steps. "I just realized how cold it's getting... autumn breezes.. my Dad is probably worried sick..." I muttered as I stepped off of the last step into the living room, "Poor old man... fucking bird bitch... when will I be able to go home again... This whole situation is stressing me out, plus being a therapist now. I need fresh air."

Inhaling deeply, I didn't bother grabbing my shoes as I stepped outside of the dusty dorm into the cold, crisp night. My feet immediately sunk into the dew-covered grass, and my senses filled with the smell of fresh rain. Smiling, softly I began walking, not necessarily having a destination in mind just going where the wind took me.

"Hm? Who's that over there?" A deep, masculine voice interrupted the blissful silence around me causing me to rapidly shoot my head in that general direction.

Bright, alert vertical-slit pupil, green eyes stared into my soul behind a veil of long eyelashes. His pale skin was highlighted underneath the bright moonlight, allowing for an ethereal glow of clarity to admit from it—his hair was a beautiful cool-black color as it laid to rest upon his broad shoulders; however, the most enticing detail of his hair was that it faded from black into a dark turquoise.

Yet, what drew me in the darkest was his most striking feature—his pointed, elf-like ears and his long black horns that positioned themselves on the top of his head.

I hadn't even noticed I was smiling as I muttered to myself, "An ethereal sight... one to behold indeed... wait a minute." I shook my head rapidly to drown away those thoughts as I glared at the stranger, "Who the hell are you and why are you trespassing on my property!"

The tall man glared seriously as I tensed up but held his gaze, "Well, this is a surprise. A child of men, are you?"

"What does that even mean?" I stated confused while pondering, "I mean I guess? I never really knew my mom but I was born from her? And she was not a vampire. Are you a vampire sir?"