new girl

casper june did not like change. this hadn't been much of a problem for most of her life, since most everything had stayed the same.

that was before she had been enrolled into the school for good and evil last year. her eyes warily flicked up to the school above her. dark and foreboding, it loomed from the fog twisted around it. she hadn't really wanted to come back.

"this is the school for... evil, right?" a timid voice asked from beside her. casper turned around to direct her attention to a girl about her age, with vibrant red hair. she was shivering from the water the new arrivals had been dropped in.

"what's your name?" casper asked, instead of answering her question. this was obviously the school for evil. perhaps the girl had just asked as a way of initiating conversation. no doubt she was a reader.

the red-head blinked in surprise. "leonora," she answered, quietly. "leonora of gavaldon."

"so you are a reader," casper replied, studying her. "well, i suppose this is rather scary. come along, i'll show you around."

leonora gratefully followed casper as they walked into the cold stone hall. "so," she said, her voice echoing slightly. "what's your name?"

"i'm casper," said casper. "this is my second year here. i'm sure you'll grow to like this place soon enough."

leonora nodded, her red hair partially dried at this point. she turned, her gray eyes meeting casper's chestnut ones. "i was brought here by a dark shadow with red eyes," she said randomly. "what about you?"

"my mother's a villainess," casper replied distantly. the other girl unnerved her a little, but casper kept their gazes locked. 

"we both have strange colored hair," casper said suddenly. "white and red. not very popular amongst dark-haired folks." a small smiled played on her lips, prompting a shy smile from the red-head. 

"i'll see you around, then," said leonora.

casper watched her go, her red locks in waves down her back.

there was something about leonora, something she couldn't quite pin a word on, but it was there, she could feel it. 

casper couldn't quite unravel it.

next chapter, intoxicating.