⥤ Prologue, Part Two ⥢

Prologue, Part Two

(Y/N) is up late, staring into the shared containment of two Avatars. Norm has been growing Avatars for the twins, and just like in a real womb, the two grow side by side.

"Norm has been growing our Avatars as fast as he can, but they still aren't ready yet. He thinks it'll be fun for us to hang out with Jake and the others in these bodies. But for now, it's a secret."

She admires her own face inside, with blue skin. She begins to think about how different her life would be, if she could breathe Pandora's air, and fly her skies.

"You really want to use these things?" Spider's voice, as well as his presence, startles (Y/N). The twins have shared their thoughts on their Avatars before.

"Spider was weary of using his Avatar body. He won't tell me why."

He stares at his own face floating inside, his features resembling that of the Na'vi. There's hesitance in his expression, though.

(Y/N) sees the internal struggle in her brother. She's also seen how he looks at Kiri — it is one she gives Lo'ak.

"He wants to be with her, so what's wrong with having the Avatar body?"

Dismissing his internal struggle — the thoughts of wanting to be Na'vi, but also staying human — Spider walks away.

-

That night, (Y/N) lays awake, fiddling with something she's made. A thick cord serves as an oversized necklace. The charms along the necklace represent each important person in her life.

"Neytiri sings a song often, with beads representing each event in her life: each child, the children's connections to Eywa. But she will never include Spider and I in her family. Why? Because we're 'alien'."

(Y/N) fidgets with each bead silently. One is a piece from an old chest piece Neteyam has since outgrown. He's always been protective, of his siblings and of her. Neteyam feels like an older brother to her.

Next is a bead from Kiri's hair. She used to braid her hair often, but wears it loosely now. Kiri has a connection to everything, and everyone. She's pure hearted, and has always seen Spider and (Y/N) as equals. (Y/N) tells her mostly everything.

She has part of a bone as the next bead, representing Tuk. Little Tuktirey always loves to find things in nature, and she most often brings her findings to (Y/N).

Her favorite piece is for Lo'ak. It is an arrowhead from an old arrow he's made. If Kiri or Spider doesn't top (Y/N)'s 'best friend list', Lo'ak definitely does. She's infatuated with him as well.

The two connect on a deep level. They see each other as equals on the outside, as they both feel like outcasts on the inside.

She even has something representing both Jake and Neytriri. It is part of the Sullys' home — a woven piece from Neytiri's bow, given to her by her father. She stole this item, yes. But no one has noticed.

Jake serves as (Y/N)'s inspiration. He was once human too, before fully becoming Na'vi. He's brave, and fights for who he loves and what he believes in. He also treats Spider and (Y/N) as his own, occasionally speaking of his 'six' kids proudly.

And Neytiri has a strong, fighting spirit. She cares deeply for Pandora, and her clan.

"But I know the real reason Neytiri will never accept us. We're his kids."

There is one last bead for her necklace: one that represents Spider, and their upbringing in the lab. It is a small mineral, chipped from a very large rock Norm was removing from an office. Unobtanium.

She falls asleep fiddling her necklace.