What If I Never Wanted To Leave Your Side?

Start from the beginning

"You cursed me! Did some witchcraft or something! Why else would I continue to feel the pull to come here?"

Blue burned brighter; Damian resisted the urge to shrink away in fear. 

"I did nothing- perhaps it is the curse that was cast onto my family. Maybe you have been wrapped into that... though, rest assured, it is not I who did anything. You will have to blame some stupid ancestor of mine from 4 centuries ago. Do let me know if you decide to take your revenge on them? I could use some entertainment." 

Damian left again, feeling humiliated and hurt. 

***

"What was the curse?" 

"How should I know?" 

"It's your family!" 

"That is true... but I still don't know... so do not ask me. Besides, even if I could tell you, I wouldn't be able to I suspect." 

Damian gave a frustrated huff. 

"Why?" 

"Curse, remember? I think my family specializes in those. But I don't know how that would help with anything." 

"Maybe you could find a reverse?" 

Blue looked at him; they looked very disappointed in him. "Yes... in a cell, held against my will in a place with the wrong books I would suspect... unless they chose to not burn my home down and plunge the library of its secrets." 

Damian flushed, he had forgotten about that. "Right..." 

There was a sigh. "Don't think about it anymore; you'll hurt your head...You don't seem like the type to think so much..." 

Damian sputtered in indignation.

***

Overtime, Damian came to stop to see Blue whenever he could, with the insistent tugging on his wrist. Though sometimes, it was very faint as he slowly got to know Blue. 

Blue had a sharp tongue, Damian knew that. Slowly, though, he found himself feeling amused by her witty jokes and poisonous barbs. Somedays, after a harsh training, she would hum to him and Damian was sure that he wasn't imagining the cuts stitching together loosely or the bruises on his side would fade to the barest discoloration of skin. 

Damian would come, after lessons of Mandarin, and speak to her. She would answer flawlessly, as she always did, and then correct his speech with the knowingness of a native speaker. 

'My mother was born in China.'

Then, on Damian's tenth birthday, he sat at the door of her cell with a thick wrapping across his abdomen. Blue had glowed brighter than ever, and Damian tried to hide his flinch. 

"Who did this?" 

"My new teacher- I didn't move fast enough away from her blade." 

Blue stared at him and Damian looked away. Don't be angry at me please; I know I should've been quicker- stronger. I'm sorry I disappointed you.

"Damian..."

He looked up at her. 

"..The curse, was made in the form of a blessing at first.." Blue dulled, and there was the sound of someone shifting. "It was made by two holders, they held the miraculi. Miraculi are special pieces of jewelry with a bonding to supernatural beings called kwamis. They grant powers to whomever wears them. There are two miraculi, creation and destruction, they are the most powerful.