Dreams of Fluttering Butterflies

"They say that in the far past, there were illuminated beasts called yakshas. They were said to be warriors who fought against the lingering hatred of god's from bygone eras." A dark and masculine voice told the bored brown haired girl who sat on her chair, head resting on her hand. "However, only one lived past its fellow yakshas. According to the books, that yaksha is named-"

"Xiao." Hu Tao said to herself. She seemed to only remember the story now. There was no way that this was the legendary adeptus warrior though. According to Zhongli, Xiao died in a war against Celestia. Whatever that was. 

"Hm? What do you want now?" Xiao looked around with a scowl. He very obviously did not want to do anything with this random girl he just met who said that her supposed job was to put up with specters. 

"I know- uh- an old story. And I feel like.. based on those encrypted stories in the Irminsul evasion library for lack of a better term- you're a reincarnation of a yaksha named.. Xiao." Hu Tao said, trying to spur Xiao. 

Xiao looked at the young woman bewildered. He was not exactly sure how to receive information like that. Sure he'd heard of the Encrypted Knowledge Library but to think a random person would have the guts to present such information to a complete stranger.. but it certainly sounded possible. With his "bad luck" often ending in sickness of those around him and lots of special pills from a certain Sumeru merchant. 

"And if I am? What do you suppose you would do?" Xiao asked the girl, looking away at the distance. "Well- karmic debt sounds pretty dangerous so to be purely honest, I don't really think that can be quelled. But I know someone who can probably help. I'll bring you to him if you want!" Hu Tao cheerfully smiled. 

"The records say that Xiao was very lonely throughout his lifetime. Often fighting alone and separating himself from mortals as karmic debt could affect them if they stayed near him for a long time. If he happened to reincarnate, his soul could still be stained with karmic debt and hurt both him and the people surrounding him. I feel like the only way to help would to administer him medicine." The amber eyed man said sitting next to Hu Tao once more by her table. He often spoke about stories like this when he found both he and Hu Tao with nothing to do. "If you ever meet this supposed reincarnation, I feel it would be best to ensure he doesn't feel lonely anymore as no one needs to experience that twice. Even if this said person doesn't remember his past life." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I suppose this is the reincarnation of that yaksha then, don't you think Zhongli?" Hu Tao smiled at the older man. "It's more likely than not. I'll prepare the medicine for when he wakes up again. Be sure to call me after he does so." Zhongli replied before exiting, leaving Hu Tao and Xiao in the room together. 

Xiao turned a little bit before his eyes slowly opened. "Hu Tao?" The young man said softly said to the young woman. He was still a bit wary of her given their first interaction but that was normal for Hu Tao's impressions wasn't it? Xiao got up then-- 

"Hehe- surprised? Gotcha!" Hu Tao embraced the teal haired boy in her arms, hugging him tightly. 

Xiao's eyes widened with shock and well.. surprise. He didn't expect she'd suddenly just jump on the bed and.. hug him. 

The young man in turn embraced the young woman, tears slowly beading in his golden eyes. 

"Thank you."