-002-

-•𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋•-

ʙᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪɴ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴍᴏᴅᴇ

It was one of the many times Sukuna decided to camp around for a little while

Sukuna's little fox, later named Senko, was around six years old now, and had gotten permission to wander off now and then; it was due to Sukuna's subconscious idea of Senko being as childish as she looks and his (almost fatherly) need to feed off her curiosity. Senko didn't mind, of course. She did have the curiosity of a child. And if Sukuna occasionally became more tolerable and less pedantic about her, she'd gladly accept him veering off his propensity for austerity or brutality.

They were near the village of Kakushima, Senko's birthplace (before she was sold off to the other village that Sukuna met her in).

It was a fairly big village, and near a Gojo clan compound (which Sukuna surprisingly didn't fret about). The little fox didn't really care. She kept her mask on for most activities in order to not reveal her identity, but also for her comfort.

There was a forest of great sacredness, and Senko decided to venture there to answer some questions.

Senko carried a cursed tanto sheathed at her waist, settling down near the edge of the forest to drop it near the ground.

The forest contained pure everything: pure water, a pure aura, and pure plants and animals. It did not allow anything cursed (whether physically or mentally) to wander into its confinement.

Senko was going to take a step in in order to answer an important question of hers.

As a yokai, was she truly a curse or did she just have curse qualities like strength? Was she still human, just a supernatural human? She could never ask Sukuna these questions (she strives to impress him).

She was a step away from the boundary before she froze, the ringing of her bell hanging on her mask's ear announcing her halt.

"You know the sacred forest is for pure beings to enter, right?" A petulant voice called out, to which she turned her head to see a young boy around her age, staring up at her with shimmering blue eyes.

She scrunched her brows behind her mask. "Yes. What of it?" The black haired girl glared through the holes of the mask with her ruby red eyes, although appearing rather confusing in front of the boy.

He walked up to her, cornering her against the boundary of the sacred forest. Senko wasn't afraid, as she was still more curious than anything. Being afraid was not apart of her emotional responses.

He leaned close to her, as if seeing the dimensions of her face behind her mask, and peering at her cheeks that turned into plush lilies dipped in wine.

"But, you're a girl!" He blurted out to himself with tinted cheeks, putting a hand to his mouth. "No curse can look that pretty.." He murmured in disbelief.

She was taken aback. What is this insolent boy talking about? "You are the Gojo boy, aren't you?"

His eyes sharpened, puffing out his chest. "What of it?"

"...nothing." She simply spoke, turning away from him.

"You can't go into the sacred forest anyways," the young Gojo said. "It's where our bodies are buried once we die. It's not for normal people to enter, let alone..." Pink dusted his cheeks again. "whatever you are."

"Huh.." Senko let out a hum of understanding.

"You're a Yokai, aren't you? That's why you have that mask." He said, only to get a nod from the girl.

"My human is staying here for awhile." She informed. It was a half-truth, after all (Sukuna was not a regular human, and seemed more cursed than her at (all) times).

"Ah," He said in understanding, before looking away. "So do you wanna hang out for the time being? I usually don't hang out with people... so this can be our little secret." A blush appeared on his cheeks. The young Gojo wasn't allowed to hang out with other kids his age, so the thought of hanging out with someone his age, yokai or not, gave him a flutter in his stomach.

She tilted her head, never experiencing a kind invite from a human before. She thought Uraume was nice when asked to get seasoning for Sukuna's... dinner. But this boy seemed nervous with an excited smile, surprisingly.

"... sure." She could feel the smile starting to align her lips.

The two became friends with someone who was born to become their enemy.

word count: 750 (sorry it's a short one)