Chapter 3

PJ's POV 

I grabbed a beer from Chris' fridge while he set up the music. Phil had gone to meet up with some girls he invited so there was just me, Chris and Dan waiting for people to arrive. It was just before half six so we expected them to get here soon. Sure enough, the doorbell rang and the party could begin.

Only an hour later the party was in full swing. A few people were completely hammered already and had collapsed on the floor. It was pretty hot in here with the amount of people who'd turned up. I think a few people had brought friends and that's why the party was going to overflow into the corridor soon. I looked around and noticed the empty balcony. I made my way over, dodging the people who were in front of me before reaching it and sliding the door open. I shut it quietly behind me before noticing that I wasn't alone here. In front of me, resting her elbows on the surrounding wall. I couldn't see her face but she had wavy, red-brown hair. I walked over and leant my back against the wall next to her. 

'Hi,' I smiled. 

'Oh hi sorry I was just spaced out - oh,' she said, her mouth dropping when she looked up.  

'What? Is something wrong?' I asked 

'No, no everything's fine,' she replied, shaking her head.  

'Im PJ, and what's your name?' I introduced  

'Im Amelia,' she said quietly.  

'So Amelia, what are you doing here?'  

'My friend is a friend of Phil's,' she explained. So I'm guessing she knew who I was since she knew that me and Phil were friends.  

'Ah cool. It's nice out here isn't it?' I commented 

'Mm-hmm, the star are gorgeous,' she said dreamily 'I wish I'd brought my camera so I could take a picture,' she sighed. 

'Oh you like photography as well?' 

'Yeah, that's the reason I'm down in London. I'm building my portfolio so I can get into a good university,' she told me  

'Thats awesome. If you want,we come meet up sometime and I'll show you some good places to take pictures,' I mentioned  

'Sure! I mean if it's not too much effort or anything,' 

'Never! I just got a new camera and I really want to try it out!'  

We stayed on the balcony for a while, talking about cameras and photography. It was dropping cold and Amelia was wearing a strapless dress so I shrugged off my jacket and put it round her shoulders. She smiled gratefully at me, pulling it tighter. I noticed how she seemed different to most girls I'd met. She was quite shy but when she liked the subject she definitely got carried away. But not in an annoying way, in a cute way. As calm as she came across, I got the feeling she was a bit daring and up for a laugh.

When we finally decided to go back inside, most people were leaving. Had we really managed to miss most of the party? I noticed a drunk Chris and Dan stumbling around trying to get people out but Phil, surprisingly the sensible one, was easily pushing them out the door until only 7 of us remained. I assumed the other two girls were Amelia's friends. One of them seemed pretty sober, much like me and Amelia but the other one was in a state like Dan and Chris and was sat on the sofa giggling with her friend.  

'Amelia! I was gonna come looking for you,' the sober one smiled.  

'Im here! How much has Emylee had to drink?' I asked her. 

'Well, she isn't a light-weight so I'd say quite a bit,' she said, rolling her eyes. 

'Im not even drunk,' Emylee protested and she didn't appear to be as bad as I'd thought. Knowing that me and the lads would probably be up playing stupid games for at least two more hours, I grabbed beers for myself and the lads before looking to see if the others wanted anything. 

'No thanks, we really should leave if we want to get back to the hotel,' Amelia pointed out 

'No, I want to stay! Heather tell her we should stay!' Emylee whined  

'No we should really go,' the girl, who I'm guessing was Heather, trailed off  

'Please?' She pouted  

'You can stay the night!' Chris slurred. I could see them both wavering and I definitely wanted to spend more time with Amelia.  

'You should stay. You haven't lived unless you've had me cook you breakfast,' I winked  

'Fine, can I just have a lemonade?' Amelia laughed and Heather agreed. 

'Cider please,' Emylee grinned and I carried them all over, trying not to drop anything. I passed out the drinks and threw a few bags of crisps and snack into the middle of our group.  

'So what should we do now?' Phil asked as Emylee was wrapping her arms around him and giggling. I could tell that he felt embarrassed by her attention.  

'I know,' Dan grinned 'Let's play Twister!'