Chapter 8: The Journey

Kion woke up and stretched then shook his mane out.

Kion walked out of the den. The lion guard was still sleeping.

Kion turned around, and crashed into someone. Their muzzles were in a kiss. The lion pulled away. It was Rani. "What the heck wrong with you!" Rani growled.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you," Kion apologized. "Ugh males think their soo special," Rani rolled her eyes. She shoved past Kion again.

Kion rolled his eye's and went on a run. It felt nice having the wind blow through his mane. Kion ran up a hill and layed down. He watched the sunrise.

Kion took in the beautiful scenery. He never saw anything like this in the Pridelands.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Kion turned around. Sahasi was behind Kion. Sahasi sat next to him.

"I heard about what Rani did yesterday, and I apologize on her behalf," Sahasi said. "Thank you," Kion smiled. "We are ready to head to the Pridelands," Sahasi said. "Alright," Kion stood up, "I'll get my Lion Guard." Kion ran off.

"Alright guys, wake up!" Kion shouted. "THIS ISNT TO MANY GRUBS!" Bunga shouted as he woke up. Kion looked at him confused, then laughed.

The Lion Guard met up with Sahasi, Ananda, Rani, and Baliyo. Rani rolled her eyes when she saw Kion.

Kion groaned when he got sight of Rani. "Alright, we're off!" Sahasi said. They walked out of the mountain pass.

Kion took the lead. Sahasi and Ananda right behind him. Kion couldn't believe they let Rani come with that attitude of hers. Kion started thinking, and couldn't see where he was going.

"Kion watch out!" Ananda shouted. Kion stopped thinking. He had almost crashed into a tree.

"Seriously! We are letting this guy lead us! He can't even see!" Rani shouted. "I bet he was just thinking, and got lost in thought," Nirmala said. "Yeah right," Rani rolled her eyes.

Kion made sure to keep his eyes open.

It soon came dark, and everyone but Kion and Rani wanted to sleep.

"Can we take a break!" Bunga groaned. "Bunga, we are almost there," Kion said. Everyone but Kion and Rani collapsed to the ground. "Fine take a break," Kion chuckled.

"SERIOUSLY! The whole reason we are making this stupid trip is for a peace treaty! Yet you want to sleep!" Rani shouted.

"Rani, calm down, we all need a rest," Ananda said. "I don't!" Rani growled. "Why don't you go hunt then," Kion said to Rani.

"Are you telling me what to do!" Rani growled. Kion got up in her face, "Yes I am, now do it if you don't want to sleep." Rani pushed him, "Your not the boss of me!"

Kion growled and lunged at Rani. He pinned her down. "Alright enough!" Sahasi said. Kion growled at Rani and got off her.

Rani snarled and clawed at Kion's back. Kion roared in pain. He back glistened with blood. Ananda stood infront of Rani. "If you want to use your claws, use them for hunting."

Rani scoffed and went to hunt.

"Kion you ok?" Ananda asked. "Yes I'm fine," Kion replied. He started licking his wounds.

Rani came back with a zebra. She aggressively threw it to the ground.

"Jeez be more gentle," Kion said. "You not my father so I don't listen to you," Rani growled. "Actually Rani, you do. Kion is the leader right now," Sahasi said.

Rani gasped. Kion smirked, "Now you listen to me." "No," Rani layed down and went to sleep.

Kion rolled his eye's. He fell asleep.