At the very beginning, when she was just an infant, there were some other girls, two boys, Annie, the Dellas and Vi– someone else.

Frigg swam to the border of the pool and began to stretch her legs, both for a break, and to relax her tensed leg muscles. She saw Ramira walk to the swimming teacher, Robert. She looked at them as they talked, both glancing in her direction.

Were they talking about her? What if the whole lessons thing was a lie and they actually were aliens trying to judge her to see if she was worth becoming one of them?

Maybe they'd just realised she wasn't and were thinking 'Well damn, now we have to actually keep training those kids.' And Ramira probably went all 'That was your plan, you imbecile. Solve it yourself.'

Probably not...  Frigg cursed her imagination and ability to go on for hours with those 'what if....'s, she actually blamed reading on that one.

Though it was strange that Robert was here tonight. None of his teams trained at same time as them on Mondays. If he'd come, it must have been to talk with Ramira. But why? They were friends, sure, but nothing really that deep. Maybe there really was something important they discussed about?

Maybe, they were trying to think of a drawing to put on those ugly white mosaic walls. Like, Robert said 'I see flowers there!' and then Ramira replied 'Flowers? Skulls would be cooler!' And then the guy went all 'But we're supposed to send a good happy message to those kids.' so she answered with an 'Alright then. Skulls with heart-shaped eyes.'

Then they would probably make some kind of deal to have neither flowers nor heart eyed skulls. They would probably put a whale or something water related. A whale was actually a good idea. Maybe she should go tell them? Nah. Ramira would kill her if she even dared to put a foot out of the pool.

Thinking about whales, she really needed to re-watch Attorney Woo...

"Focus," Frigg whispered to herself when she noticed she'd managed to ramble in her own thoughts. It was one of her flaws: once her brain was on to something, nothing could stop it. She could stand there and think for a full ten hours without blinking if she wanted to. While it was great to fight off boredom, it did complicate things when it came to being focused, attentive or even simply observant.

"Gods I should've stretched during the holiday. Now it hurts like a bitch," Bellary yelped beside her as she tried to hit her legs a little to relax her muscles.

"Watch your language, there are children here" Rebecca pointed at Annie. Annie really wasn't a child to be protected, but she acted so nicely and innocently that they all couldn't help but treat her as such. It became an inside job that Annie was their baby.

Frigg stopped listening as they argued. Ramira and Robert pointed at some of them. Maybe they were doing small teams for an exercise? Or, they were really pointing at the walls behind them to chose where the whale was going. Probably the team theory, but, there still was some tiny odds for the whale thing.

Frigg kept her eyes on them. Could she trust them? She thought back at the three hours training, the 200 butterfly, the fifteen minutes egg-beat... So probably not.

She felt their eyes on her and they grinned. Uh-oh. That was scary. What was would to happen now? Would someone kidnap her? Kill her? Make her watch those Barbie films her cousin Ben was crazy about (for some reason)?

Robert turned around and talked to someone that was apparently behind the door leading to the changing rooms. Suddenly, Frigg wasn't so sure that it was indeed Monday. But what other day would it be? They never really shared the pool with the swimming class: artistic swimming used quite a lot of space.