chapter 5 | the adults are talking

Start from the beginning

She tried to dig a bit more, but he seemingly wasn't in the mood to talk about Sebastian, so Cassandra continued with the rest of her questions. The ones about him and his career, all of that. It went smoothly after that, they had a proper conversation and she thanked him for the interview. Mark gave her a nod and shook her hand before he got told it was time for him to leave. She stopped the recording and read through her notes, it was enough to make it at least a bit interesting.

Or what Hans would consider interesting.

Someone tapped her on the shoulder, and Cassandra turned her attention away from her notes.

"Sebastian will be here soon." The girl informed her with a polite smile. Cassandra nodded in acknowledgement and watched her go.

She put her notebook down on the table, crossed and uncrossed her legs, and tried to figure out what to do with her arms until her face turned into a frown. Why was she suddenly feeling out of place when everything had gone alright with Mark? She took a deep breath, straightened in her seat and placed her hands flat on her notebook.

Her gaze checked the phone, and she could see there were a few notifications there. To distract herself meanwhile Sebastian decided to honour her with his presence, Cassandra decided to check what was going on. Just a few emails, some social media notifications and a couple of text messages. There was one from Hans, but it seemed long as hell and she wasn't in the mood to read anything from him.

Abigail: How are the interviews going? Have you lost your mind with Sebastian yet?

Cassandra could even hear her friend snickering in the back of her head. She rolled her eyes and typed.

Cassandra: No, but I'm about to lose my mind with you

No immediate reply, which meant she was probably working. When she heard the sound of the door loudly opening and a couple of voices, Cassandra placed the phone back on the table and took a look at the newcomers.

Sebastian animatedly held a conversation with his PR manager, Britta she reminded herself of the name, but stopped talking when he spotted Cassandra. His smile turned into a full grin, and Cassandra stood from her seat as they walked closer. Britta offered her hand first, while Sebastian took the seat previously occupied by Mark. She could feel his eyes on her at every moment.

"I believe we didn't properly introduce ourselves," Britta said, shaking her hand. Cassandra nodded. "Britta, nice to meet you. I'm his PR manager."

Cassandra gave her best attempt at a professional smile. "Cassandra. The pleasure is mine."

"I'll be over there, just in case." She pointed at the seats that had been taken by Mark's people before, and Cassandra nodded again. She knew they had to monitor in case any question or answer was out of the line, she'd deal with that.

When Britta was seated in her respective position, Cassandra took her seat again and finally looked at him. Sebastian had his hands intertwined on the table, and his stare was attentive. He was smiling, because of course, he would. Cassandra cleared her throat, and he even chuckled a bit.

"How are you, Sebastian?" She opened her notebook, grabbed her pen and moved the phone to the centre of the table.

"Better now, the view is incredible." Cassandra glared. She had a feeling that even if she insulted him he would keep smiling. "How about you? I missed talking to you." Sebastian raised an eyebrow.

Cassandra narrowed her eyes. "I'm fine. Thank you for asking." She completely ignored the talking bit. "This is an audio-recorded interview, I'll take some notes and transcribe the relevant bits for the article." It was the procedure, the typical talk before the interview.