7

It was a few hours later, my sister had left by that time. I was practicing my braiding on I few pieces of string in my hammock. It was quiet, peaceful, the trees outside of my home swayed back and forth making a beautiful song. I sat there, humming a lullaby my mother taught me when I was young. My father barged in rustling around his belongings and taking out his spear.

"Father? What is going on?" I asked looking up and then down at the spear in his hand.

"There is something wrong, your mothers spirit sister left, but she hasn't came back yet." He said, I quickly got up and started walking out, when my father grabbed my shoulder. "You are not going, it could be dangerous."

"No father, when it comes to mothers sake, I'm coming." I spoke making him release my shoulder. I ran out of the hut and on shore clapping and calling for my skimwing. I quickly got on her back and swam over to where my mother was. She was looking around desperately, swimming around in circles.

"Mother." I spoke softly riding beside her and putting my hand on her shoulder.

"I can't find her y/n..." she said as her voice cracked up.

"Do you think she could be past the reef?" I ask looking behind us and seeing Neytiri, and Jake riding beside my father. My mother suddenly began swimming, as I quickly followed after her.

We were way past the reef now. Not a single island to be seen. I looked around when I saw a orange object floating in the water.

"Over here!!" I yelled over to the others, swimming toward the floating thing. "Oh no.." I whisper to myself as I got closer and closer. Mother rode past me quickly, then getting off her ilu and swimming over to the Tulkun. I heard her weep a few times, which made my heart ache.

"No, no..." she said quietly, getting on the mamas fin. She put her hand to her face, looking into her eyes deeply. She looked back to the calf who was also floating, dead. Mother wailed loudly now looking back at the Mama Tulkun.

"Her name, was Roa." My father said looking over to Jake and Neytiri. My eyes followed over to Neytiri, her emotionless face caught me off guard. It's like she has been here before, or some sort.

"She was my spirit sister, she was a composer of songs." My mother spoke with a tear falling down her cheek. Birds flew over us squawking and making noises. "We would sing together. She waited many breeding cycles to have this calf, the clan was so happy for her." Mother continued taking deep breaths in between sentences. "What is this Tonowari? What is this?" She screamed as tears rolled down her face. My father sighed and looked around for an answer.

After a few moments, I saw Neytiri and Jake ride off on the other side of the Tulkun. I sat there, thinking about what could happen if we do not warn the others. I'lerya, what would happen to her? Could she end up like Roa..?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My father called the village to have an emergency meeting about the recent death. I stared down at the ground as my mother spoke angrily, and clearly.

"My spirit sister, and her baby, have been murder by the sky people!" My mother exclaimed as the people hollered, yipping to her. I stood beside my sister, as she cried I put my hand on her back and laid my head down on her shoulder.

"This war has come to us!" My father spoke loudly. I felt as the tears rolled down my cheeks. If this really meant war, what would come? "We knew about this hunting of our Tulkun people, but it was over the horizon, far away! Now, it is here!!" My father yelled, then hissing and sticking his tongue out. My brother and Rotxo did the same, but hissed louder and more aggressively. My people yelled, and cheered.

"You've got to understand how the sky people think! They don't care about the great balance!" Jake spoke, after one of the people yelled something I couldn't quite hear. I was tuning everything out, as the tears streamed down.

"Listen, listen to him!" I heard Neteyam's voice say. He looked over at me and I stared at him, wiping my tears and shaking my head.

"The sky people aren't going to stop, this is only the beginning. You gotta tell your Tulkun to leave! You've gotta tell them to go far away!" Jake explained pointing out into the sea. My mother looked up at father with an angry expression on her face.

"Leave? You live among us, and you learn nothing!" My mother yelled back at Jake.

"We will fight to protect our brothers and sisters!!" My fathers brother yelled, hitting his hand to his chest and raising his spear into the air. The people whooped, and hollered once again.

"No, no, if you attack, if you fight, then they will destroy you! They will destroy everything that you love." Jake warned, my mother putting her hand to her bump. People began to yell, and scream at him, calling him negative names. "You hear me? Hear my words!!" Jake yelled while the people still screamed at him.

"Be calm." Neteyam said holding out a hand and looking around. "Listen to my father." He spoke once again softly. Jake then took the device from the sky people that Neteyam had o ur of his hands. He then got on the stone that my father was standing in and held it up. Everyone went silent, looking at the strange object in his hand.

"You tell the Tulkun, that if they're hit by one of these, they are marked for death." Jake said in a clear tone now. I looked at my father with pleading eyes, as they continued to water. "You call for me, I'll silence it." He continued. I then looked over to Neteyam, he was looking down as I saw a tear roll down his cheek. I took my hand off of my sisters back and walked over beside him. I then wrapped my arms around him and cried into his shoulder, as he stroked my hair softly and wrapped his other hand around my waist. "It's saving their lives, that's all that matters! Right? Saving your family.." Jake spoke softening his words at the end. My mother and father looked at each other for a moment, then mother blinked in approval. My father got back up on the large stone and stood beside Jake.

"Tell the Tulkun." He spoke strictly.

"Go." Mother said looking around at everyone. I got off of Neteyam and began running toward the ocean. I clapped as Kuro swam up to me. We swam out a little ways as I saw I'lerya.

"Sister you must go!! The sky people are coming for your clan! Please leave, far away from here!" I signed without even pausing for a moment. It looked like she understood because she blinked and began to swim away from me. As soon as I saw her swimming away, I began to go back to shore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YES I AM PUTTING THE WAR IN THIS! BUUUUTTTT IT WILL BE A HAPPY ENDING!!! XOXO LOVE YALL!!!

2002 words