Examine yourself closely

Your first step to improvement is to start examining yourself, find exactly where you are, know what needs improvement, ask yourself what do i not like about me, is it your attitude, the way you think, are you lazy etc ... After identifying your weaknesses, try writing them down on a piece of paper and perhaps stick it on the cieling obove your bed or on your mirror or on the fridge, anywhere you can see it all the time. Find some motivational quotes that encourages you to change these particular things and do the same, write them down and put them where you can see them.
Always put in mind that inner changes create outer change, so try working on the inside first and as your attitude and ideas start to change, you'll notice that you begin to have a positive mindset and you'll see the world in a very different but definitely much better way. You'll then start getting motivated to change your body if you're not very happy with it, but this time not in the "I'm ugly, people don't like me" kind of way, This time it's going to be in the "i want to change for myself, for a healthier me and a happier me" kind of way. Or maybe start working out or at least eating healthy.
I'll be updating soon, please comment let me know if you like it and if i should continue. And vote, if you want, you know, but I'd like it, so just vote.