𝟒| 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝

Start from the beginning

After climbing a bit more and then climbing up a vine, he trailed behind Tsu'tey on a long branch when loud yipping sounds echoed in his ears. Looking over, he smiled as Neytiri and Y/n flew around them on their banshees, the girls having decided to spend time with each other when Tsu'tey had taken Jake since they hadn't spent their time with just each other in a quite a while, ever since Jake had been welcomed from their clan.

He smiles as he watches Y/n look to her brother, both making a gesture at one another before Y/n stuck her tongue out at Tsu'tey jokingly, something they always did. He took notice that Tsu'tey rolled his eyes, but a smile was on his face, in the corner of his eye. When he saw the two girls look to him, he made the same gesture at him like the others had been doing before they continued onward.

Eventually, they got to the top where many banshees were riding around when Y/n and Neytiri flew towards them. Both hopped off their animals, staying by their sides as Y/n made eye contact with Jake. The man nodded at her in greeting, receiving a smile while she looked away in shyness, something that both Tsu'tey and Neytiri noticed. Tsu'tey looked at the three warriors that had followed him before stopping in front of Jake.

"Jake Sully will go first." Tsu'tey announces.

Chuckling a bit as he had expected for him to pick him first, Jake stepped forward while handing his bow off to Tsu'tey. While he had ventured towards the edge of the opened cave they were standing in, Y/n gave her brother a look, to which he only smiled at her.

Tsu'tey watched as his sister walked past him and towards Jake, the two carefully walking along the small cliff edge behind the waterfall. Jake soon came to a stop when he saw all the banshees on the other end, Y/n stopping behind him as she peaked over his shoulder, resting her four finger hand on his arm, making him take a deep breath in at her touch.

"Now you must choose your ikran. This you must feel inside." Y/n informs, placing her hand on his chest. "If he also chooses you, move quick like Neytiri and I showed. You will have one chance, Jake."

"How will I know if he chooses me?" Jake asks.

"He will try to kill you." Y/n replies simply.

Jake sighs. "Outstanding."

And with that, he was walking forward with Y/n trailing behind, Tsu'tey behind his sister with Neytiri and the other two Na'vis behind him. The group watched as Jake pulled out a vine rope while he carefully treaded forward, many of the banshees flying away while roaring at him at the same time.

Jumping down a small ledge while the others stayed above, Jake made eye contact with a banshee as it roared at him. When he moved closer, the creature jumped up before flying away from him. His gaze stopped on the one closest to him, tightening his stance as he and the banshee stared at one another while it roared at him. Tilting his head, Jake hissed at the creature, baring his fangs, receiving a hiss right back.

Jake smiles, tilting his head. "Let's dance."

Tsu'tey chuckles, glancing at the others. "Tiyerkup skxawng."
(That moron's going to die)

The group watched as the man swung the vine around in his hands as he and the banshee had been moving closer and closer before he thrusted the vine forward, wrapping it around the banshee's beak, rushing up and jumping onto the animal. Jake was holding on tightly as the banshee flapped his wings around, trying to get loose.

The sounds of yips could be heard from the Na'vi as Tsu'tey yelled out some words of not being afraid, Neytiri and Y/n telling him to make the bond with the banshee, reminding him of what they taught him. Hearing them, Jake grabbed ahold of the banshee's antennae, only for the banshee to slam the back of his head against Jake's face before he was being flown off the creature and rolling towards the edge until his body was hanging off the cliff.

Yelling out his name, Y/n rushed forward, making sure to be close in case if he were to lose his grip but also making sure to not intervene since he needed to do this on his own. Jake was able to climb up before he was jumping right back onto the banshee, trying to pin it down as Y/n and Neytiri's voice could be heard, reminding him of the bond.

Being able to have his legs wrapped around the banshee as he pinned it to the ground, the man quickly grabbed his braid and the banshee's antennae, connecting their queues together, causing the banshee's eyes to widen. Y/n was crouched down, close to them as she smiles when she saw the creature calm down when their queues connected. Jake sat up, straddling the banshee's neck as he still kept it pinned down just in case.

Jake laughs through his pants. "Yeah, that's right. You're mine."

Grabbing ahold of the vine that he had tied around it's beak, he unwraps it from the animal, standing up a bit from his crouched position as the banshee gets up until Jake's feet were off the ground and he was sitting on the creature, grabbing ahold of the antennae gently so he wouldn't fall off. Smiling, Y/n jogs over until she was beside him and his new banshee, softly resting her hands on the banshee's head while she looked up towards Jake.

"First flight seals the bond. You cannot wait." Y/n tells him, pushing the banshee towards the edge.

"Think, 'fly'!" Neytiri calls out.

Jake furrows his brows. "Fly?"

Next thing he knew, the banshee was jumping off the cliff and downwards as Y/n quickly ducked before the creature's wings could hit her. The sounds of the banshee's roars and Jake's cries could be heard as the man was holding onto the animal tightly so he wouldn't fall off while they continued falling down. The animal opened out it's wings just when it bumped into one of the cliffs, Jake holding onto it's antennae's while he dangled.

The banshee continued roaring, flying all over until Jake told him to shut up and fly straight. He didn't expect for the animal to actually calmly fly straight, slowly moving to stand on his feet a bit as he guided the banshee in the direction's he wanted to go in. Y/n had been watching the thing with a smile before she was rushing back to where she left her banshee, grabbing Neytiri's arm along the way.

The other two Na'vi warriors were cheering on Jake until Tsu'tey snapped at them, catching Y/n and Neytiri running back to their banshees. Both females connected their queues with their animals before they were flying off the cliff, heading in the direction Jake was in, deciding to get in on the fun.

He smiled when he saw they had joined him, waving at them excitedly. Y/n stared at him with a smile before looking back forward, the three flying together as Jake whooped and cheered while the females laughed happily, smiles on their faces.