Chapter 5

James ran through the long corridor, fuming. This HAD to be the work of his sister. He had no idea what she did but for sure she would pay for it.

Suddenly one of the doors broke and a pair in black and white suits stumbled out of the room, stucked in a close combat. The man in black was breathing heavily. James jumped back, he didn't want to be in the middle of a fight. The pair stumbled through another door, disappearing in another room. James peeked around the corner carefully. He saw an upset fairy, fluttering near the ceiling and throwing insults and cushions at the pair. Ah, that was familiar to him. Maybe the house wasn't completely out of whack.

He worked his way through a lot of animals. Deers, rabbits, wolves and seagulls were panicking all over the house. Every now and then a seagull or a deer would escape through one of the windows, but James assumed that this wouldn't end good for the latter since the house was built high in the tree tops.

He entered the room his sister was supposed to wait until the trees were calm enough again so she was able to leave and found a lot of strangers huddling around the bed, which was occupied by a... male human lizard? His sister sat on the cabinet, trying to be invisible. In the middle of the room he saw a pentagram - or what a drunken non magical sailor on crack may considered as a pentagram, having six points and not one of the lines were straight, some were not even closing the points properly. He wasn't a very good magician by himself, but even he knew that this spelled disaster.

The candles were burned down and from a big black hole in the middle of the wannabe-pentagram a constant stream of creatures emanated. Well, that explained the huge commotion in the rest of the house.

He turned to his sister. "What did you done?" he asked her, his voice dangerously soft. Anya decided to play the innocent card and started to polish her nails. "What do you mean, dearest brother of mine?" she asked him with a bright smile. James looked at her disapprovingly. "You know better, Anya. You really know better." He pointed at the black hole. "Care to explain this to me?" he crossed his arms and looked at her sternly. Anya looked at him, seemed to think a bit and then stuck the pointer fingers in her ears and started to sing. "Lalalalalala." she screamed on top of her lungs.

One of the humanoid lizards took a huge jump and landed right in front of her, hissing angrily. "Shut up you dumb bitch. My mate over there needs his rest, and you are NOT going to wake him up." A big man with broad shoulders stood beside the green skinned man and backed him up, glaring at the witch. "My mate is sleeping and if he is getting up too early I have a hell of a time. So, be quiet, will you?"

Anya decided it would be better to obey this time. James asked the men. "What's going on here? Oh, and the names James, by the way" he introduced himself stretching his hand out. Green skinned man shook the hand. "Jonah. And we are right in the middle of hibernation. We need to rest pretty soon. And Sammy over there is carrying eggs, it's dangerous for him. We need to get back as soon as possible." Worry etched Jonahs face.

James turned to Anya. "This time there are lives at risk, Anya. You have to tell me what you've done." he was speaking serious, hoping that his immature sister for once sees the severity of a situation. "Just tell me, will you?" he cooed her. Anya yet still continued to pretend she didn't hear anything, polishing her nails. Jonah snapped. He grabbed her by the collar and hissed at her. "My man over there is in severe danger because of something YOU did. And you will bring us back immediately, do you hear me?" Anyas eyes went wide, but no word came out of her mouth.