[ 009 ] he would have to lose an eye

Start from the beginning

Her mind went to Luke, knowing he had trouble sleeping at night.

A roar could be heard and Alyssa crawled out of bed and went to the balcony to be greeted by the noise of the crashing seas and the sight of Vhagar. There was someone on dragons back which made the girl wonder who was stupid enough to claim her.

She puts on her robe and quickly escaped her room.

Vhagar was claimed by Aemond during the moon fall of the night. 

The irony of him being dragonless was now put to rest because he had dominated them all with the largest dragon in the world. 

"She was mine to claim!" Rhaena shouted with anger on her face. 

"Then you should've claimed her," 

The silver-haired Prince wasn't going to let her ruin his mood. He finally had a dragon of his own and now he could fly the skies now with Alyssa. The words they shared on the beach were just the start of their rekindling friendship. 

They'd fly across the narrow seas and eat cake as they promised with Helaena of course. 

Alyssa walks into the dimly lit entranceway of the castle at the right and wrong times. She was still in her sleeping clothes and wearing a robe from the chilly night. 

She rubbed away the sleepiness between her eyes and yawned. Her hair was braided into two messy braids that threatened to break loose.

Aemond's eyes fell on her and his violet eyes widened in delight. He wanted her to be at his side. To be the first to congratulate him and take her away from her kin. He starts to make his way toward her eagerly, "Alyssa you will never believe what I did!" he stated happily, ready to tell her about the news of his new dragon. 

"Do not step any closer toward her!" Jace yelled. 

Before Aemond could snarl back at him, Aemond was met with a harsh punch thrown at Rhaena. 

He tasted the metallic blood in his mouth from the cut on his lip. A dark smile painted across his face before she returned the favor in full. Ser Criston had taught him how to fight dirty, and efficiently. He lands a stronger punch in the girl's face. 

"Come at me again and I'll feed you to my dragon!" Aemond yells. A viciousness radiates from him.

Aemond didn't miss the shocking gasp that fell from Alyssa's lips. 

She was taken aback by the display of his sheer strength and brutality toward Rhaena. 

"Alyssa go back to your chamber. I will meet you there." Aemond beckoned, holding out his hand for her to take. 

"I would much rather stay here," Alyssa snapped, fire building in her eyes, and looked ready to punch his face at the way he treated Rhaena. 

"Lys—"

"You cannot make me," Alyssa scooted to Baela's side who was immediately consoling her sister and seething at Aemond. 

His little dragon was so full of light and innocent in their world of hunger for power. Alyssa was named the Realms joy for a reason for she was the reincarnation of Alyssa I Targaryen and Aemma Arryn. Both are strong-willed and relentless women who met the same fate. 

Alyssa was a dragon and no Velaryon. He could very much see it and didn't miss the way Daemon looked at her with a fond glint from the distance. 

He does not want her here. Aemond gritted his teeth in frustration. Not when he was about to beat Jace's face to the ground and make him pay for his bullying.