⤷ 01| A WEDDING

Start from the beginning

"I'd never let anything happen to you," June vowed.

"I know, and I will not let anything happen to you either," Charlie replied, "but I'm worried, June. People die in war. And—" he took a deep breath, trying to control his fears "—I do not want to lose you or anyone else I love."

"Nothing will happen to us, I promise," June said, looking up and meeting his eyes. "You have my word."

Charlie tucked a lock of black hair behind her ear. "I believe you, but there are things you cannot change, June. Things that will happen whether we want it or not."

"I will not let that happen," June vowed again.

Charlie didn't reply, instead, he pulled her close and hugged her tight. June wished she could take his worries away like he had done to her only moments ago.

The time had finally come. The Order of the Phoenix sat huddled together in the kitchen of the Burrow, listening to whatever plan Mad-Eye Moody had come up with.

The Nine Potters. It was brilliant.

There would be nine Potters and nine protectors. June was paired up with Sirius and they'd travel on a broomstick. They'd catch the Portkey at Timothée's place, who couldn't come with them since they'd be with too much. It was safe to say he had not been happy about that.

"What you are doing is equally important," June told him. "We need someone we can trust for the Portkey. Without you, we could potentially die."

Timothée shook his head, but a smile did appear on his face. "Only you could say something about potentially dying that makes me feel better."

June grinned sheepishly, but there was still something sad in it.

Timothée noticed it and gave her an pitiful glance. He knew how much Liam's dead affected her.

"You know, Fleur's really excited about the wedding," he began, trying to switch the subject. "Don't let her catch you or you'll be stuck listening to everything."

June shook her head, smiling. "I don't think I have a choice—I mean, I am the Maid Of Honor after all."

But by the time Fleur's blond hair came into view, Timothée pulled her with him and they hid behind the couch, silently laughing.

The following days, June kept busy getting ready for both Harry's rescue and Bill and Fleur's wedding. She fitted her Maid Of Honor dress—a long sleek light blue dress. Ginny was fitting her bridesmaids dress as well—a pale gold one. She and Gabrielle, Fleur's sister, would be the only bridesmaids.

It was safe to say Ginny wasn't enjoying it at all.

"Cheer up, Gin," June said. "Your brother is marrying the love of his life. This is a good thing."

"I'd rather be a bridesmaid to Charlie and yours wedding," Ginny mumbled.

"You'll have to wait for that," June stated. "I think one wedding is enough for me at the moment."

"You're right," Ginny sighed. "I still don't understand why they decided to throw a wedding in the middle of a war."

"It's their way of bringing some light into this world," June replied. "And we could all use some light." Her face fell when she remembered Liam.

"I'm sorry, June," Ginny apologized. "Liam was a great guy. He should not have died the way he did."

June swallowed and tried to blink her tears away. She was still aware that his wand laid in her nightstand back home. She hadn't touched it ever since his parents gave it to her. "Thanks, Ginny."

The red haired girl nodded and gave a small smile before heading off to get out of her bridesmaids dress, leaving June with nothing but memories of the past.

☆ ☆ ☆

Published 24.04.2023

First off, I'm sorry for the long wait and the short chapter. I promise the next one will be longer and will take less long to write.

As you have probably noticed, June's been a bit depressed ever since Liam's death (but again, who is not?!) I want nothing more than for her to go back to her cheerful, funny presence but Liam's death is something kind of big and I don't want to go over it like it was nothing, because it was not.

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me, seriously, I can't thank you guys enough!

I hope you are doing great & do tell me what you think of it.

Love,
Laura

Love,Laura