The two of them were in the kitchen, the place being colder now that Leoni's mother wasn't there anymore to make one of her delicious meals that she would make for her son whom she loved from all of her being. The lights hanging from the ceiling gave a light bright of white to the space, contrasting with the rest of the house that wasn't lightened up, making it seem like the kitchen was the only safe place from the darkness around them, the kitchen being an island in the middle of a dark ocean in the Pacific, the water of the ocean full of monsters that could drag anyone down into the depths of the ocean floor.

"Nothing." Answered the first year, glaring slightly towards his teacher, being a little bit offended to be accused by such accusations, even if said accusations were true.

Gojo lifted his left eyebrow in uncertainty, the facial expression being hidden by his blindfold. But even with his blindfold, Leoni could comprehend the emotions Gojo showed him.

"It looks like she's trying to be my friend." Answered flatly the first year, a frown of disgust appearing on his face as memories of today went through his head.

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Of course not! If she's my friend, then you can't be my friend and I don't want that!" Exclaimed the teen as he angrily took from the bowl in the center of the island an apple that he bit into loudly before looking away from Gojo.

The teacher looked at Leoni with clear confusion, not understanding one bit what Leoni had just said even if he had exclaimed his say in the same language that they were always talking. His silence didn't go unnoticed by Leoni who was now looking at him, unsure if he had said something offensive or anything along those lines. His frown became more apparent as his teacher's silent state kept on looking at him through the clean bandages covering his powerful blue eyes.

"What?" The one breaking the never-ending silence being the powerful sorcerer as he watched with confusion his student taking another angry bite into the poor apple as he explained the situation from his point of view.

"I read somewhere that you have to only have one friend, and if you befriend someone else, then your other friend is no longer your friend." Leoni would not bother to try and count how many times he repeated the word 'friend' in his sentence, but he was sure that it was a world record. Did such record even exist? Surely, there was a record for literally anything, people always searching to do something that no one has ever done to feel a little bit more different than others. When in reality, such things were only stupid and meaningless.

Gojo stayed quiet a few seconds after Leoni's statement, the sounds of outside talking for them while Gojo still tried to understand whatever he had just heard. His dumb laughs made Leoni flinch a bit, not expecting an answer like that from his teacher. He glared slightly at Gojo, not liking the obvious mockery coming from the older man in front of him.

"Where did you read that?!" Laughed Gojo, not believing Leoni would be the type to believe whatever he was reading in books or on internet.

"On internet?" Leoni wasn't sure of his answer, scared that the answer he just gave sounded as stupid as the last one. But even if this excuse of his wasn't true, he still didn't want Misaki as his friend. He didn't like Hanaken. He knew perfectly well that she was at his side being all friendly just because someone else had asked her to, and not out of genuine want to befriend him. It was obvious that she was here to help him with his cursed energy, the fact simply humiliating more. He knew that he was far behind in terms of cursed energy. His other classmates, even if he had never seen them, he knew that they were so far ahead, him being only able to glare at the immense canyon that lay in between Leoni and the others, mocking his hard work that still had, at the end of the day, changed nothing to his situation. For now, he could content himself of his natural physical strength, but he knew that soon enough, those skills won't be sufficient for him, knowing that he had the possibility to grow even stronger, but it was evident that he was struggling to do so.

For now, seeing a stronger version of himself seemed out of his reach.

"You shouldn't believe everything you see on internet." Instructed Gojo with a chuckle, watching in amusement his student look away in embarrassment, hoping Gojo would eventually forget about this moment. But even if this point was now cleared, Gojo could see that it wasn't the only thing bothering his student. Leoni wasn't totally brainless either. He knew that his student was aware of the reasons behind Misaki's sudden appearance, the reasons of her presence were bothering the first year deeply. No, it was more than bothering him, it was more humiliating him than anything else. Even if Leoni barely showed any emotions aside from annoyance, his eyes could tell a totally different story than the show Leoni decided to put on. The eyes were the windows to one's soul, after all. Only there could the true feelings of people be shown.

And he could somehow understand his student, even if never in his life had needed help with this kind of thing. He was the Satoru Gojo, after all. Someone so strong that some would compare him to a god. He was the strongest sorcerer to have ever landed on earth and people kept reminding him those facts.

Some people even often found themselves forgetting the fact of him still being human under all of those titles others had named him.

"You know, even if Misaki is here from an order, she genuinely wants to help you." Leoni turned his head back towards Gojo, his dark blue eyes staring at the bandages over the eyes of his teacher. His eyes held surprise from Gojo's words, but the emotion was short-lived as Leoni looked down at the surface of the kitchen island, finding the details on it more interesting than the current discussion.

He frowned slightly as an image of the said girl appeared in his head. Even if the words of his teacher were true, he still hated her. He didn't want her around him, even if she genuinely wanted to help him. He didn't want her help. He didn't have any proof that she seriously wanted to help, except for the words of his teacher. But he found himself not truly being sure of Satoru's words, not totally believing his teacher even if Gojo was the person who he trusted the most, aside from his mother who would always stay at the top. This third year still was a stranger and he didn't want her anywhere near him.

But one thing that he was sure of, he hated Misaki Hanaken.

______________________________

All right, fourth chapter 🕺🏼.
Yesterday I went through the chapters to see if I had made any mistakes and I found some dumb ones oh lord.
So if anyone want to correct my mistakes, please feel free. I don't always see them and some may slip out of my sight, lol.

It took some time to write this chapter, making sure there was no mistakes in grammar and all. If there's some that you see, please correct me. 🙏

I hope the chapter was at your liking! To the few ones that are reading me, thank you 💗

-WALTZZ_

2023-01-03