1 | 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

── · ○ ◦ ☆ : ⋆

         ── · ○ ◦ ☆ : ⋆ . ☽ . ⋆ : ☆ ◦ . ──

                  -𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬-

                            -𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟏-

        ── · ○ ◦ ☆ : ⋆ . ☽ . ⋆ : ☆ ◦ . ──

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 to the point where her heart was racing with fear or her body would freeze or her mouth would dry up. That wasn't the case for the night of the London bombings. It was as if her life had flashed before her eyes and her heart stopped as the loud explosions filled her room and ears.

As the sounds filled the whole house Katherine stepped off her bed and abandoned her letters she was currently writing to her father, Christopher Pevensie, who was currently fighting in the war and ran towards her window and peered through her drapes. She was faced with bright lights that filled the darkness from outside and vibrations that could be felt through the walls.

Just as she was about to run to her door, her mother, Helen opened her door in a panic and searched for her daughter until their eyes met. She was griping on a flashlight and blanket. "Katherine, come on dear, get to the shelter. Grab your sisters, I'll get your brothers."

Katherine nodded as she ran to her drawer next to her bed and rummaged through it until she found her flashlight and followed her mother out the door. As her mother went the other direction, she was faced with her younger sister, Susan.

"Are you all right?" Katherine asked her sister as Susan grabbed the things from her older sister's hands. "Yes." She answered.

And with that Katherine ran over to Susan and Lucy's room and opened the bedroom door and looked over at Lucy's bed, to see the girl covering her ears and crying out of fear. "Mommy!" Lucy cried. "Lucy! Come on!" Susan exclaimed as Katherine went over to her younger sister. "Come on Lucy." She whispered gently to calm her down as she picked her up. Instantly, Lucy wrapped her legs around Katherine's waist and buried her head in her neck and whimpered.

As the girls ran over to the back door, where her mother and brothers, Peter and Edmund where their mother quickly led them to the shelter outside of the house. "Quickly!" Their mother exclaimed as Lucy screamed as another explosion went off. This time it was closer. "Run!" "Hurry!" "Mum!"

Helen urgently opened the door to the shelter, Susan stepping in first, then Helen. Katherine gently but quickly put down Lucy, who ran over to their mother inside the shelter.

"Wait! Dad!" Edmund, her youngest brother exclaimed, as he stopped and quickly ran back over into the house.

"Ed!"

"Edmund! No!"

"I'll get him!" Peter replied to his mother as he ran after Edmund back into the house. Katherine looked back at her mother with a worried expression. "Stay here!" She exclaimed as she turned around and began to run after her brothers. "Katherine! Peter! Come back!" Helen felt as if her whole world was crumbling.

"Peter! Edmund!" Katherine screamed as she was inside the house looking for her brothers. She turned into the living room where her brothers disappeared. A loud bearing noise was heard all throughout the house.

Suddenly it felt as if the world stopped. Edmund reached for their father's picture on the stand. "Get down!" Katherine screamed as she grabbed him and Peter and pushed them down to the ground as another explosion went off right outside and shattered the glass window in front of them from the impact. She tried her best to shield them from the blast, covering their heads. Suddenly she felt a sharp poke on her upper left cheek. A piece of glass had bounced off her skin, cutting her. She could feel the glass shards falling on their bodies and hair.

"Hurry! Go!" Katherine stood up and picked them up with her arms. "Come you idiot, run!" Peter exclaimed as he grabbed Edmund's arm pulling him as he finally grabbed the now broken picture.

The three ran outside quickly trying to get into the shelter. "Come on! Hurry!" Their mother screamed as she opened the door to let them in. Peter had practically pushed Edmund inside the shelter making him fall onto the ground.

"Why can't you think of anyone but yourself? You're so selfish! You could've got us killed!" Peter exclaimed to Edmund as he still lied there breathlessly. "Stop it!" Helen screamed to Peter as she looked over at Edmund who was looking at the picture of their father. Katherine reached over to Edmund and wrapped her arm around his figure, which he accepted and leaned his head against her shoulder. "It's okay. Shh." Helen said, as Lucy was crying softly.

"Why can't you just do as you're told." Peter said as he finally walked over to the door and slammed it shut.

Katherine let out a sigh of relief. Her family was safe. That's all that mattered. She never knew what she would do if they were gone.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: Hi! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. (It's my very first chapter!) It took me a while to write. More chapters are coming soon. Bye!

── · ○ ◦ ☆ : ⋆ . ☽ . ⋆ : ☆ ◦ . ──