- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ 01 ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

~
Like every first encounter
That we have
When I think I must be dreamin'
You tell me that it's real

0:58 ━━─────── 3:35

First Touch, Uriah Heep

POV: Tilda Vondergeist

I stared at the old building through the iron rods of the gate. It looked mystical to say the least but if we only had driven by, the academy wouldn't have caught my eye. A sour flavor spread across my tongue as I realized that I would soon be trapped behind those gates. A tall, white-silvery figure approached us.

"Good Morning, you must be Tilda", she stretched out her hand in order to shake mine, and her voice sounded overly enthusiastic.

"Yup.", I kept my answer monosyllabic. Hesitantly, I engaged in the handshake.

"I am headmistress Weems. It's so good to finally meet you. Your parents have told me a lot about you.", she explained - all while still shaking my hand. Eventually she let go of it.

"I'm sure they have.", my eyes dart towards my parents. "From here on, I would like to undertake that myself."

A slight threat swung in the way I spoke. Weems didn't seem to be surprised by it, though, nor was she bothered.

The goodbye with my parents wasn't exactly heartfelt. Father just helped me carry the suitcases upstairs and mother air-blew a kiss in my direction as I entered the headmistress's office and they left.

"I've already received your report cards from your parents, so we will get you checked in quite quickly.", Weems explained as she opened her laptop in front of her, "I'll just need to know about your abilities as a ghost."

Oh, how I hated talking about that. Unlike my older cousins, I hadn't developed many abilities due to the fact that I was only half of an outcast. My mother was a Normie. And after the rules of basic biology half of my gene pool consisted of her genotype.

"Well, that amounts to an ability to ready other people's minds by reading their feelings and imagination because my parents sent me to a 'Telepathy Camp' when I was seven - and also occasional intangibility. However, I'm still working on controlling the both of it. Sometimes I can do it on command. Sometimes I can't.", I explained and was glad once that embarrassment ended.

"No flying?", she questioned and looked at me skeptically. I just shook my head and she typed everything into her computer. "Any chance that further powers and abilities could develop?"

"It's not impossible.", I replied, dryly. "However, it's highly unlikely as it took me eighteen years to at all develop those two."

She nodded and was starting to realize that this was a subject I would've rather avoided. Nonetheless, I understood that she needed that information for whatever forms she was filling.

Incidentally, there was a knock on the door.

"It's open.", Weems spoke loudly and only a split second later, a small, redheaded woman entered the office.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt.", she stated, and looked at the both of us as she readjusted her oversized glasses. I took a moment to look at her. Her style truly was unique. She wore a black floral dress under a burgundy cardigan and paired that with red boots. Later I would find out that she wore those boots for gardening, which explained the small stains of mud on them. Her copper hair was slightly wavy and fell gently over her shoulders.