Dim Sun

List of Characters (Human names and representation)

Edmund--- HK

Bernard--- Macau

Ms Li--- China

Mr.Wilson---the US

Mr.Windsor---the UK

Millie---Shenzhen (City)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone is afraid of Edmund. He is always angry, he is brutally honest with people, and the worst of all, he can make dim sun.

One fateful day, Edmund was thinking big, organized a pitching event, a failure-proof dinner, and put both into action.

Surprisingly(or not), things did not work out according to plan.

'All of these people! They have absolutely thrown me under the bus by not showing up after I invited them for dinner, hai! Why are they not giving me face? I gave them theirs even when I hated their guts! Wah look at them, they can't even socialise, right? Bernard?' Edmund vented to his loyal audience.

'Ohhhh... I absolutely feel you bro...I know, I know, you swallowed your pride and tried hard to impress Mr.Windsor , Ms.Li , Mr.Wilson, and even Millie who just knows too much about you ahma. Ah so why they don't even come this time? Maybe they are just too busy for the dinner , for you lor.' Bernard mumbled, while nodding his head slowly like a fishing rod that caught fish, and continued to check his phone for new updates on how many people fell for the slot machines today.

' Wai Bernard, you don't seem to understand very well. This dinner is just an event after my pitching on why they should invest in the branch company I manage. They promised to stay and I even said that I will serve some homemade dim suns for them.' Edmund frowned at his friend disapprovingly.

'Woow...You can make dim sun ?' Bernard pretended to be amazed.

'Oops , that's a typo, hahaha-' Edmund began to sweat.

'This is a verbal conversation, Edmund.' Bernard smiled at him , as if 'Edmund' refers to a five year old that crowned himself king and complains about how everyone ignored him, only to realize that he didn't have a staff.

Then Edmund remembered that, he typed 'dim sun will be served' when designing invitations, so when the leaflets were passed along, the sky turned dark and everyone thought that he revitalized witchcraft.

'I-I-uh...how could this happen to m-' Edmund stuttered.

Some local dude in a suit heard the conversation. Being the fellow face-saver he was, he scoffed,

'Greetings,Mr.Former Crown Colony.Pardon me for being offensive but, did Mr.Windsor teach you how to spell ?'

Edmund screamed and jumped out of bed. According to Millie, this insomniac checked whether he misspelt 'Asia's World City' into 'Asia's World Critic' , and speedread Dale Carnegie's 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' for the tenth time this month.

(The short story is based on a polandball joke)

*Dim Sun is a mispronunciation of 'Dim Sum', which is just steamed food(buns, shrimp dumplings, siu mai...etc in containers made with bamboo