I was soon at his side and he put an arm around me as their conversation continued. The questions were quite boring, why do you play? how do you feel playing for Brasil? The same questions that every other interviewer asks. I leant my head on his shoulder and he kissed my forehead, whilst the man read out another question.

"How did you guys meet? Everyone's interested in your story," he asked, causing us to look at each other grinning.
"We were like ten and she had just moved to Brasil from Spain. Me and a few kids in the area were playing football out in the street as usual. She asked to play but the boys said she couldn't cos she was a girl. I passed the ball to her anyway and she ended up being better than all of us, although i'm a thousand times better now," he winked and I raised my eyebrows.
"Oh really?"
"Yes really," he smirked. I knew he was better than me but I would never admit it.

A few more questions were asked, directed at Neymar and his career before we went to find his family. I guided him up to the VIP box as I knew where they were all sat. The security guard nodded at me knowingly and I laughed as he let me pass with Neymar at my side.

"Filho! Well done, you did very good. You could have scored a few more times and your defence needs-" His dad started and both our moods instantly dropped. 

Don't get me wrong, Neymar Sr was a great guy. He looked out for his family and was always willing to lend a hand. But he struggled to separate the roles of being a manager and a dad. A dad would've just congratulated his kid right now for playing in the world cup and representing his country. However, he had other plans to dampen the mood.

"Filho, ignore him. You did great, I'm so proud of you!" Nadine said, pushing past his Pai and hugging him tightly.
Rafa approached us with Davi asleep in her arms, "Yeah you did alright bro," she laughed and he rolled his eyes.
"I'll take him," I said, freeing Rafaella of Davi Lucca and letting her hug her brother.

He shuffled around in my arms, burying his face in the crook of my neck as I rocked slightly before sitting down, still holding him. I watched as Neymar spoke to his mum and sister, the way his jawline moved and the skin around his eyes would scrunch up when he smiled. The dimple in his left cheek and the one on the right only ever showing when he laughed uncontrollably at probably the most unfunny joke ever.

"Davi. Come on, wake up homenzinho. Pai won!" I shook him lightly but his eyes flicked open at my last words.
"Pai, Pai!" he turned in my arms, holding his own out, for his dad to pick him up. I laughed at his excitement and Ney's reaction as he jumped, not expecting him to be awake. He lifted him up and swung him around, causing me to shake my head and laugh again.

We all stayed and spoke for a bit before making our way back down to the pitch. Nadine insisted on taking some photos of us so we awkwardly stood like children as she took them and I had weird deja vu.

"What time's Caroline getting him?" I asked, realising a lot of time had passed.
"Shit!" Junior checked his watch before running a hand through his hair, "I wanted to do something with him afterwards."
"It's okay, he likes football so I'm sure he had fun whilst he was here," I tried to cheer him up.

He had an arm around my shoulder and I had one around his waist as we stood by the sidelines of the pitch and watched Davi stumble around, chasing some of his dads teammates. I felt my phone go off and Neymar's must've too as he pulled his own out. He smiled before showing me a photo of us in that moment, with Davi in the background, being sent into the family group chat. The fact I had been part of this group chat before we even started dating has always made me happy. We turned around to see Rafaella grinning at us and putting a thumb up.

Fred approached us and I felt Neymar instantly tense up beside me.
"We're celebrating tonight if you wanna come Melia. It's in the room above the training gym, Neymar you know where it is right?" he asked. He was talking as if nothing had happened and I prayed Ney would go along with it.
"Nah. Training gym? Haven't been there at all the past six months we've been here for the sole reason to train," his voice dripped with sarcasm as he rolled his eyes.
Fred and I laughed before he walked off and it was just us again.

"He annoys me," he said.
"I think he's sweet," I shrugged my shoulders as he gave me a look. "Carol's probably outside, let's get him out to her," I changed the subject, as the toddler ran in between us and grabbed both our hands. We walked to the VIP exit, swinging Davi as we walked and he giggled like crazy. As expected, Caroline was outside, stood by her car and on her phone. She looked up when she heard her child's laugh.
"Davi!" she said excitedly and he dropped his hands from ours and ran over to his mãe. We followed, making small talk with her and saying goodbye to Davi Lucca.

-that evening-

"Leave me alone!" I laughed as Antonella teased me as usual but this time over facetime. She was still in Argentina but was about to get a plane over, to support Messi in his upcoming games.

"I follow like all the fan pages for you guys so I have all the deets!" she carried on and I cringed, putting my head in my hands.
"Please stop!" I laughed.
"No but for real. You should follow them, they have loads of cute photos of both of you that the papz take and other fans when they see you!" she was showing me a fan page on her laptop and I shook my head laughing.
"You're crazy Ant but maybe I will look into it," I grinned and she laughed.
"I told you so!"

"Linda! Are we-" Ney walked into the bedroom and noticed I was on the phone, "Oh sorry. Hey Ant!" he waved.
"Hey Neymar! Quick question, Neylia or Amelimar?"
He laughed and I buried my head into the pillow I was lying on.

"This is what she's been talking about the past twenty minutes," I told Ney, who seemed to be thinking.
"Neylia sounds better, plus my names first as it should be," he smirked.
"Shut up! Best person go first. Amelimar!" I argued as Ant laughed at us.
"I'll leave you two to get ready but I'll call you when I land tomorrow," she waved at the phone.
"Alright, have a safe flight. Love you!"
"Bye!" Ney shouted from behind me just before I ended the call.

I got up from the bed and hugged him around his waist as he laughed, hugging me back.
"What's that for?" he asked.
"Just because," I shrugged my shoulders before pulling away, "What were you gonna ask me?"
"Oh, are we going to this party?"
"It's up to you. I'm good with going but if you're too tired that's okay too, we can have a night in," I suggested.

He smiled at me, which still caused me to get butterflies, "Why do I always have to choose?"
"Because you're playing in the world cup?" I said in a tone that was indicating it was obvious.
"Good point, I am quite amazing aren't I?"
"Erm, quite annoying? Yes. Amazing? Nah," I laughed as he pretended to be upset. "I'm joking, baixhino."
"Stop! I'm still taller than you!" he said, in denial.
"Barely. But it's okay, I love my short kings," I said laughing and kissing his cheek as he glared at me before cracking a smile.

I picked up a few loose pieces of clothing that had been thrown on our hotel room floor as I spoke, "So are we going? I can text Fred now if we're not."
"Hmm, I'd much rather spend the evening with you," he smirked and I rolled my eyes, laughing.
"I can see why, I'm a very loveable person," I joked.
"Shut up," he laughed.
"Wow, so rude. You know-" My banter was interrupted with his lips crashing on mine. You can imagine where our night went from there.