OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE / Part 1

It was a rainy summer day and you were on your way to Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe, driving on full speed in the black 67' Impala you restored with your dad. You had your windows down. The shitty weather wasn't able to dampen your mood and so you were blasting your favourite song and sang along, tapping your fingers onto the steering wheel to the beat of the music.

You arrived at Pop's and parked your car infront of the window facade, not even thinking about turning your music down for the few seconds when you gathered your phone, jacket and wallet. You rolled the windows up and finally turned down the engine. Still humming the melody of the song that you were just listening to, you entered the Chock'lit Shoppe without noticing the stunned expressions on the faces of a group of younger Southside Serpents standing at their bikes as soon as you entered the driveway.
~
„Woah!" Sweet Pea mouthed.

„Someone pinch me. I think I just saw an angel." The taller Serpent playfully punched Fangs in the side. „Ow! What was that for?"

„You've got no chance. She's so gonna be mine!"

„You wish", he laughes. „Way out of your league, my brother." The smaller Serpent patted the taller one's shoulder.
~
They went to enter the Shoppe at the same time as if they were two excited kids who just got told they could leave the dinner table to play some games on their console and they got slightly stuck inside the door frame because they didn't fit in there together. „No...you...ugh...let me..." they shoved themself through and straightened their jackets by grabbing them by their collar while grinning awkwardly.

You turned around by the sounds of them and met the gaze of a handsome dark haired boy. He was tall, his style was similar to yours - black slightly ripped jeans with an iron chain hanging from his side pocket, black boots, dark coloured flannel and a leather jacket on top. Southside Serpents. You grinned and followed them with your eyes as they greeted Pop and sat down at the booth at very end of the room - the handsome boy facing you, his eyes meeting yours again.

The ringing of a telephone ripped you out of your thoughts and you watched Pop answering the call.

„Hello Cassidy...uhu...ok...don't worry, I got this...yes. Ok, bye!" Pops sighed as he placed the handset on its cradle.

„What's wrong?" you asked with a concerned look on your face.

„Cassidy, my only waitress for tonight called in sick. How am I supposed to serve all my customers? I can't cook and serve at the same time."

„Don't worry, Pop's! I can do that!"

„Oh, no, no", Pops said calmly. „I can't let you do that."

„Why not? I've done it before and I'm sure you got some clothes for me that fit in the little backroom right there", you pointed towards the kitchen of the Chock'lit Shoppe. „I'm gonna quickly call my dad and tell him he doesn't have to wait for me for dinner." You called your dad and he was totally okay with it since him and Pop were good friends.

„Thank you so much, Y/N!" Pop said, but you just waved it off.

„Don't mention it! I'm glad to help you out. You've done so much for my family." You spun around on your seat and went through the swing door around the counter to get yourself some other clothes. A few moments later you came back, wearing the Pop's uniform. Pop took your hand, spun you around and you two giggled together. That once again drew the handsome Serpent's attention towards you. „See, I knew you had something that would fit me", you said to Pop and clapped your hands. „Ok, let's get the party started!"

Pop laughed and shook his head at your sudden motivation boost while prepping a new can of coffee.

There weren't many customers yet. You started with a couple that lovingly held hands on the right side of the room, moved on to the next booth with a father and his daughter and you smiled brightly because they reminded you of your father and yourself. He ordered her a strawberry milkshake with chocolate sprinkles on top just like the one you always had when you came here with your dad. The third and last table to serve was the one with the young Serpents. You picked at your uniform and took a deep breath. Normally you were not shy at all, but something about this boy made your heart jump. You turned on your heels and made your way towards their booth. His eyes met yours again and you could see him scanning you from your head to your toes while licking his lips.