Chapter 2

On the way home we were talking about her plans and what she was actually going to do once we went camping.

"So, what are you going to do?" I asked.

"I don't know, There's so much I could do." She said with a smirk. "I might go shopping, could get a manicure."

"It's such a hard decision." I commented sarcastically, rolling my eyes to look out the window. We both laughed and she carried on talking.

"Do you want to know the best part?" She questioned but finished speaking without giving me a chance to respond. "I don't have to cook and there's less cleaning, Isn't that great?"

I smiled and said "yeah that's amazing, you can spend more time shopping."

"I know right! I can get my nails done without worrying that they'll get destroyed from cleaning."

I smiled but didn't say anything, we just listened to the music on the radio.

I wasn't into all that kind of stuff I was more of a tomboy, my mom always tried to make me a girly girl, she would buy me a dress and ask me to wear it but I would say no. That's why whenever she brought a dress she brought it in her size because she knew I wouldn't wear it.

I loved to go shopping though, I would go with my mom and offer her advice when she would ask for it, but that's all really. I only shop for jeans, hoodies and sweat shirts, I like to have things that I can run in.

I would tease my mom and say "what are you going to do when the zombie apocalypse happens and you can't run in your heels". She would look at me with a face that said seriously, then she would sigh, shake her head, and go back to looking at some clothes.

Once we got home my mom made me some toast. Once I ate I cleaned my dishes and met my mom upstairs. She helped me gather a few things for the camping trip, while we waited for my dad.

She picked up a sleeve less top and was about to put it in my bag.

"Mom I can't wear that, I'll get bitten by insects."

"Oh sorry, I didn't think about that."

I laughed and put it back in the wardrobe, picking up more suitable clothing.

"I'm going to miss you, you know." She said out of the blue.

"I'm going to miss you too." I smiled and gave her a hug. I could see the tears building up in her sapphire blue eyes.

"Don't cry, your going to make me cry" I said as I folded another shirt. "Here fold this, it'll take your mind off it." I said as I handed her a couple of shirts. She smiled and started to fold them. I had a feeling something else was bothering her but I didn't mention it.

A few minutes after I finished packing my dad came home from work. I greeted him as he walked through the door.

"Hey dad" I smiled.

"Hey sweetheart" he replied as he planted a kiss on my head.

"I can take that." I Said as I took his bags and looked into his tired hazel eyes.