6

9:00. 9 o'clock pm is when dustin finally got home from hellfire. i had been sitting in my house after getting ready riddled with anxiety of what was to come. of course i knew it was nothing bad, it was just eddie after all. i knew i had nothing to worry about, but what girl wouldn't be nervous if their blossoming crush asked to meet them? i was in my room with the door open finishing getting myself together. i wore a regular pair of jeans, white turtle neck, converse, and a random leather jacket. wanting to look cute but not try to hard for a meet up so i added minimal makeup.

mom was asleep in bed so before i left i peeked my head into dustin's room and told him that i'd be back. it was a short drive to the park and when i pulled in eddie's van already sat parked there. he smiled at me through his window and got out his car as i got out mine. eddie led the way to a nearby bench with his long legs striding in front of me. we sat down and i stayed quiet unsure of exactly i was supposed to say to him.

"you look gorgeous doll." eddie spoke causing me to look up at him. the lights of the park highlighted every feature on his face but still shadowed the defined parts. his brown eyes sparkled at mine with a flirtatious stare.

"i didn't even do much?" i laughed with an obvious blush rising to my cheeks. "you're a natural beauty." eddie said tilting his head to left sending me a small endearing smile.

"thank you eddie, so... why'd you wanna meet up?" i said trying to change the subject off of me, feeling embarrassed. eddie pursed his lips for a second and let out a quick sigh.

"i just wanted to see if you were avoiding me." he finally said with a small shrug. avoid him...? oh. "i just thought that maybe you regretted the kiss or it was actually bad you know, so i wanted to apologize just in case you-" eddie rambled on before i cut him off.

"oh god eddie no not all! i admit it probably did seem like i was avoiding you but i was just nervous and didn't know how to approach you after that. i mean it was such a great kiss..." i fiddled with hands that lay in my lap. he smirked, "great kiss, huh? i'm glad you think so sweetheart.". he put a ridiculous smile on my face causing me to cover it with my hands. he reached for them and pulled my hands down to my lap again. he stared into my eyes and leaned forward, i subconsciously moved forward and met him half way. our lips melted together as the lights shine down on us like a spotlight. we eventually pulled away leaving me a flustered mess.

"i'm super glad we cleared this up doll but as much as i wish i could stay with you all night, i know you have to get home." he pulled me in close again and kissed my forehead lightly with a small smile. "get home safe, okay?" i nodded at him as we both stood up.

eddie walked me over to me car and opened the door for me. before shutting the door he bent down to me and said "hey, you wanna go on a date this friday?". i looked at him in shock never thinking he'd ever ask me, i mean we haven't even been talking long plus originally i was just his little friends sister. i thought the kiss was a one time heat of the moment situation, but he keeps proving me wrong. "i would love to." eddie smiled and mumbled a "great" before wishing our goodbyes and heading to our cars.

i waited until eddie got into his car and started to before i left to make sure he was good.

            ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

another school morning, seemingly like a ritual, i sat in the back of steve's car with him and robin in the front.

"so i told her what time i get off, and guess what she did." steve was exasperated.

"she laughed." i responsed to his request.

"SHE LAUGHED!" steve threw his arms up dramatically.

Robin laughed "steve, every time you tell a story it seems like it's the same thing just different girls."

"RIGHT!" i suddenly yelled, agreeing with robin.

"you know what, you two can shut the hell up and haul your little asses into school. get out my car!" steve rolled his eyes kicking us out.

i giggled and grabbed my stuff getting out since it was time to go anyway. "you know you love us, bye bye stevey." robin and i wave and laugh goodbye.

"yeah whatever" he waved us off as he started his car and left.

robin and i walked to the school side by side minding our business. "so any updates on lover boy, are you done avoiding him?" robin brought up.

"i wasn't avoiding him! but yeah, he told me to come to the park last night and we talked." i shrugged it off like it was nothing.

"and?" robin looked at me and i looked back at her. "and...?" i questioned.

"what happened? you can't just tell me you met up in a park late at night and not give any details, you know better than this y/n."

"he just asked me if i was avoiding him, i told him i wasn't and that i was just nervous, i also told him that the kiss was great, he teased me, we kissed again, he asked me on a date, we got in our car, and lastly we went home. it's not much." i say it as if eddie munson asking me on a date was mundane. 

"excuse me?? y/n he asked you on a date? and kissed you again? aren't you excited?" robin began pestering with questions.

"of course i'm excited." i smiled and she smiled at my happy state. "so when is it?" she nudged my shoulder with hers.

"this friday, i have 2 days." i walk into the school with a smile on my face. eddie stood at his locker with his friends, i only recognized gareth and jeff since i've had a class with them in the past. eddie's eyes met mine and he smiled giving me a wave, i waved back as i continued walking down the hallway with robin.

"you know i kinda feel bad, steve is so behind on all of this." robin glanced between eddie and i referring to us.

"yeah.. i was thinking that the other day, maybe we can hang at his house tonight and tell him."

"should we let him know or just show up?" robin asked me then proceeded to laugh knowing what my answer will be.

"you already know his parent won't be home, we'll give him the surprise of our presence." robin agreed before we parted ways to go to our homerooms.

"see you later" we yelled to each other.

idk how i feel abt this chapter 😭 i barely knew what i wanted to write so apologies if it sucks !! i wanted to just give an update while i'm on christmas break since it's been a while <3

make sure to vote and comment, it encourages me ! <3