tuk was the first to advance toward the people of the village, her small feet leaving tracks in the sand behind her as she paused to gaze at the unfamiliar tribe approaching.

she instantly traveled to your mother's side at the call of her name, your family grouping together at the order of your father as you all walked toward the ever-growing crowd of the lightly-complexed na'vi.

jake held his hands out from his sides, open and away from his torso to inform the villagers of his peaceful intent. trudging airily over the sand, you glanced around at the citizens as they surrounded your family, spears clasped tightly in their hands while they searched for any signs of malice.

you moved closer toward kiri as she apprehensively tugged at the netting of the shawl she wore around her shoulders. placing a protective hand between her shoulder blades, you cautiously guided her forward, your eyes darting around to ensure the safety of your family.

an opening soon broke out between the middle of the crowd, two figures emerging from between the rest of their people to seemingly inspect the newcomers intruding on their land.

in an attempt to soothe the obvious disdain of the situation, you stepped beside your two brothers to offer a greeting toward the heedful males, lifting a finger to your forehead before gently gliding it down through the air in front of you.

neteyam and lo'ak followed suit, hastily performing the action a little less gracefully than yourself as the two boys vigilantly circled around the seven of you.

"easy, just be cool," your father softly reminded, watching tentatively as you and your brothers were carefully stared down.

"what is that?" came the mockingly advent voice of the shorter male, a finger reaching out to point at the antsy swishing tail of neteyam. "is that supposed to be a tail?"

the quip earned chorused murmurs of laughter from the surrounding villagers, and you noticed your twin brother's fingers straining to retract together tightly to avoid making a fist. knowing what would come if lo'ak wasn't calmed down, you subtly moved your hand to intertwine with his own.

"just breath," you whispered, your eyes never leaving the boys trailing around you. "we're okay."

he glanced over at you and nodded softly at your words, and you looked around to try and find something that would be able to soothe your own piping nerves before your pupils settled on a figure moving through the water a little ways away.

your eyebrows lifted involuntarily as the na'vi stood, gracefully trekking through the water as if she had done it a trillion times before (which she probably had). you managed to catch sight of her face, eyes that were bluer than the water she had just glided through coming to meet your own amber irises in an exchange of struck eye contact.

the metkayina girl's lips moved upwards to form a soft smile, and she lifted a hand to brush away a stray section of loose curls over her shoulder as you eventually looked away, noticing how your twin's gaze had moved to observe what had caught your attention.

"it's too small- how are they supposed to swim?" the same boy from earlier piped up once more, continuing to poke fun at your family's contrasting traits before the girl stepped forward, smacking his traveling hand away.

"do not, rotxo, aonung," she chastised, a fierce look bearing over her soft features as she glared harshly at the two.

the corner of your lips tugged upward into a small grin at the scolding, your eyes once again meeting her own. you hesitantly lifted your hand to give a swift wave, earning a bashful smile from the curly-haired na'vi as she looked down at the sand with a breathy giggle.